iphone 4 wifi issue

tonygool1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i was downloading a 400mb app the other night and as we all know you need to be connected to wifi to download such a big file.

my phone showed the symbol for wifi connectivity.. app dowloading ok.

i get a text from O2 " your at 80% of you data allowance " a few minutes later " your at 100% "

checked phone still connected you wifi.

so im connected to wifi but im eating into my data allowance, ok that should not happen.... unless there is a serious glitch somewhere. O2 are blaming the phone, im blaming O2 hahahah.

anyone got any ideas ? anyone had the same problem ? cos im confused :confused:

my phone is jailbroken i dont know if there could be an issue there.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong here, but I don't think being jailbroken has anything to do with it. Did the app that you downloaded seem to load as fast as other times that you've downloaded something via WiFi? I used to have an issue with my old iPad 1 which I resolved by resetting the network settings. Try doing that with WiFi off, then reconnect to WiFi and see if you still get that message. Also, you could try doing a soft reset as well. If O2 has an online account manager I would suggest logging into that and see what that shows as far as your 3G data usage.

tonygool1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi Irish, yes it downloaded as quick as if it was on wifi. i will give those ideas you have ago and see what happens. cheers tony

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There are a couple of JB apps that will allow "wifi only" activities like FaceTime (and maybe downloads) to work over 3G... If you have installed any of those, it's possible that you were actually downloading over 3G as opposed to wifi... Not saying that is what happened, but it might be.

isabellajack

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
The growing number of complaints coming in about the new Apple iPhone 4 is surrounding the reception loss, yes many have complained about signal issues when holding the handset in the wrong way.There is no need for us to bang on about the reception issue as we have mentioned it many times before and it is well known now, but what we have not wrote about a lot is the ?WiFi Network Connection?.We have had a few emails covering Wi-Fi connection speed on the iPhone 4 smartphone, some complain that the speed is diabolical and tiresome to say the least. The iPhone does have 2 antenna bands around the rim of the iPhone, one is for signal reception and the other is for GPS, Bluetooth and Wi-fi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal