iPhone 4 in Ottorbox Defender Mistaken for Pistol

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So they thought you were walking across campus with a gun, and they don't question you until the next day? That's pretty lame. If you were intent on shooting up the place you'd be done already.

What I'd like to know is whether the police accepted your explanation.

Maggard

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
So they thought you were walking across campus with a gun, and they don't question you until the next day? That's pretty lame. If you were intent on shooting up the place you'd be done already.

What I'd like to know is whether the police accepted your explanation.

Yeah. I explained to them that even though I have a CCDW permit, at this time I don't even have a weapon (volunteered to let them search my home/cars - they didn't), and that as a former RA at the University of Kentucky I was well aware of campus firearm policies.

They took pictures of me with my phone "holstered" on my side and cupped in my hand to "show" the University what they had actually seen.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow... This is ridiculous. Unfortunate that they had to waste your time for this.

It's only a waste of time until they decide to ignore a curious situation one time and what they thought was an iPhone turns out to be a clip for an AR15 or the butt of a .45.

In the moment, it seems like an inconvenience and a ridiculous situation...but just like going to the airport, we always complain about the seemingly wasted time until our lives are saved from said annoyance.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It's only a waste of time until they decide to ignore a curious situation one time and what they thought was an iPhone turns out to be a clip for an AR15 or the butt of a .45.

In the moment, it seems like an inconvenience and a ridiculous situation...but just like going to the airport, we always complain about the seemingly wasted time until our lives are saved from said annoyance.

Couldn't agree more Sean!! They have to check, and they handled themselves professionally as dis the OP.

My earlier comment was based on a HS senior, here locally, whose little brother left a plastic, toy gun in the older brothers backseat on the floor. Security saw it and the older boy was expelled and not allowed to graduate because of "zero tolerance".

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't agree more Sean!! They have to check, and they handled themselves professionally as dis the OP.

My earlier comment was based on a HS senior, here locally, whose little brother left a plastic, toy gun in the older brothers backseat on the floor. Security saw it and the older boy was expelled and not allowed to graduate because of "zero tolerance".

I don't have a good answer for the way things are handled after the fact...i think that is where the system of our checks and balances when it comes to this stuff falls short the most...that is a shame the guy wasn't allowed to graduate, and after the situation was dispelled and the actual event of what happened was figured out, there's ZERO reason why it couldn't be fixed and the kid allowed to graduate.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a good answer for the way things are handled after the fact...i think that is where the system of our checks and balances when it comes to this stuff falls short the most...that is a shame the guy wasn't allowed to graduate, and after the situation was dispelled and the actual event of what happened was figured out, there's ZERO reason why it couldn't be fixed and the kid allowed to graduate.

That sucks! ... Would think there would be some type of appeal board to go to for that one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73