iPhone 4 in Ottorbox Defender Mistaken for Pistol

Maggard

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
So yesterday I was walking across my college campus holding my iPhone 4 in it's Ottorbox case in my hand as it was digging into my side. Apparently campus security was recording me because they believe that I was actually carrying a pistol across campus and tossing the object into my passenger seat was "suspicious activity."

I just had a nice visit from my city's local police force. Two cruisers and an SUV, in fact.

Even though the images/video were taken from several hundred feet away (digitally magnified) you can tell the damn phone is not a pistol by it's very shape.

Just thought I'd share my interesting day.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
That's a little overboard, but considering the recent rash of college shootings, I'm sure they were instructed to be zealous.

accessoriesguy

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If that would happen to me it would be considered racial profiling, and i'd be pissed. Sucks, but kind of funny when you read about, glad everything is ok.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
WTH! I can't believe that. Don't we all toss our phones to our seats in the car? Well I used to don't do it anymore but come on. That is just ridiculous.

Sorry you had to go through all of that.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
If that would happen to me it would be considered racial profiling, and i'd be pissed. Sucks, but kind of funny when you read about, glad everything is ok.

Really? What does race have to do with the campus security making a ridiculous mistake? Race card needs to be dead, should not matter and bringing into this forum is just silly, GROW UP!!!

Reactions: Click and riley9dy

Nino18T

May 12, 2011
Visit site
You have to switch up those Otterbox colors! Lucky they have enough sense to monitor instead of quickly react!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

Leave race out of it. This discussion had nothing to do with it. If you want to complain and bring up race for no reason, go somewhere else :mad:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just wait until someone with an actual gun gets on campus and decides to play duck hunt with the students...you'll beg for more surveillance, and you'll happily answer any questions cops have when they mistake your capri sun for an AK-47, without a second thought of the ridiculousness of the mix up.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Just wait until someone with an actual gun gets on campus and decides to play duck hunt with the students...you'll beg for more surveillance, and you'll happily answer any questions cops have when they mistake your capri sun for an AK-47, without a second thought of the ridiculousness of the mix up.

Is there a reason you're exactly quoting a another post? lol

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
WTH! I can't believe that. Don't we all toss our phones to our seats in the car? Well I used to don't do it anymore but come on. That is just ridiculous.

Sorry you had to go through all of that.

Don't we all toss loaded guns onto the car seat? Oh wait...

iKustomize

Aug 29, 2011
www.iKustomize.com
My girl had the same problem when she was dancing on the bar at the club... Who knew people were dumb enough to think a hottie would make a real gun into a shoe? I guess the whole spy shoe gun thing is a hot topic. No- it's not real (it's a SHOE)!!
c6e4d030-0a93-f9fc.jpg

c6e4d030-0ab9-38c2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW