not sure where to post this.. my vip has been having home button issues since b4. haven't downgraded to try 4.2.x. my friend has been having the same issue with his gsm on the beta. he went to apple today and they told him its a firmware issue with the beta and the store can not replace his phone. thought? has this happened to anyone else???
    08-21-2011 10:14 PM
    what kinds of issues? like specifically?
    08-21-2011 10:17 PM
    lack of responsiveness, it physically clicks but the phone acts as if nothing happened
    08-21-2011 10:19 PM
    If Apple says it's a firmware issue with the beta, then all you can do is downgrade to 4.x and see what happens. It either will resolve itself, or prove to Apple that there's a hardware issue, which they can correct by replacing the device.

I have been running the iOS 5 betas since beta 1 and have not had any issue with my home button...
    08-21-2011 11:11 PM
    Mine will bring up the switcher pressing the home button just once, on occasion. Sometimes it'll click, but I get no response. I'll double click, and it only registers 1 click. I just thought it was being glitchy because I'm still running 4.2.6 JB. However, if others are having issues, it may just be a hardware thing.
    08-22-2011 01:30 AM
    lack of responsiveness, it physically clicks but the phone acts as if nothing happened
    I have been having the same issues. Called Verizon Tech Support Friday and they are sending me a replacement. No questions asked as soon as I started describing the problem.
    icebox93 likes this.
    08-28-2011 11:59 AM
    Most likely a hardware issue (button has dirt, dust, grease built up inside). Apple will probably replace it.

My phone is Jailbroken and I use the app "Activator" .With this, you can set a gesture to act as the home button. I have mine set when I swipe down from the status bar - same as pressing the home button. Double tap the status bar and it brings up the multi tasking tray. I've been using this more lately, instead of the home button.
    08-28-2011 12:45 PM
    I think a lot of people hav issues with the home button after so long
    08-31-2011 08:15 PM
    Most likely a hardware issue (button has dirt, dust, grease built up inside). Apple will probably replace it.

My phone is Jailbroken and I use the app "Activator" .With this, you can set a gesture to act as the home button. I have mine set when I swipe down from the status bar - same as pressing the home button. Double tap the status bar and it brings up the multi tasking tray. I've been using this more lately, instead of the home button.
    Apple replaced mine for that issue just said prob dust in there and replaced the phone
    09-02-2011 12:08 AM
    I think a lot of people hav issues with the home button after so long
    Yeh I'm having the same issue as of late. Will apple just replace the phone even over 12 months?

iPhone 4 : iPad 2 : MacBook Pro 13
    09-02-2011 02:11 AM
    Having same issue... but mine is more intermittent. Sometimes it works, others I have to press it a little bit harder...
    09-11-2011 03:05 PM
    The Home button just stopped working.. having to plan a trip to Anchorage soon to get it fixed.. no one here said they could fix it here in Fairbanks!
    09-11-2011 03:34 PM
    my buddy got his swapped out yesterday. he went to 2 diff apple stores
    09-11-2011 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD