Backlight when on a call?

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
My backlight used to dim when on a call, now it doesn't so my ear will hit speaker and other buttons while I'm on a call.

Any fix?

---
- Sent from my iPad

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the proximity sensor isn't working properly. I don't know of any quick fix for it, might be worth a trip to an Apple Store.

When I first got my iPhone 4 I had a habit of angling the bottom of the phone away from my face, and if I moved it back against my cheek I would inadvertently press the speaker button. Since then I have noticed that if I keep the phone against my cheek for the duration of a call the screen stays dim properly. That may not help you, but I wanted to mention it.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtankusa1

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
If you have the white iPhone 4 and you put in a screen protector try to cut around the black line or sensor on the front if you cover this light shines though the back and reflex off screen protector and this causes the phone to stay on during calls .... Hopes this helps you

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone did the same thing a few days ago. I reset(holding home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously) the phone and I've had no problems since.

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay. Bringing this back up. It's doing it again. What can be down to fix it?

HA. Just kidding. I figured it out for good now. The otterbox cover plastic has been cut off and no longer covers the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
They do sell screen protectors that don't cover the sensor at all.

You also may want to try leaving the screen naked for a while. I put a screen protector on my iPhone 4 when I first got it, but noticed that the capacitive touchscreen wasn't as sensitive with a protector on it. I've had my screen naked for quite a while now and don't have a single scratch on it. Of course, if you are really tough on your phones you may not see that as an option.

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
They do sell screen protectors that don't cover the sensor at all.

You also may want to try leaving the screen naked for a while. I put a screen protector on my iPhone 4 when I first got it, but noticed that the capacitive touchscreen wasn't as sensitive with a protector on it. I've had my screen naked for quite a while now and don't have a single scratch on it. Of course, if you are really tough on your phones you may not see that as an option.

The one I use doesn't cover the sensors. It was the cover that was built into the otterbox

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox