Hey all,

I have been a thorough reader of this forum and know that most of people say that 8 hours of iPhone battery usage is considered good.

But my question is, it is on 2G or 3G.

I am from india and I have just starred using 3G on my iPhone since a last few days. Earlier I used to use only 2G.

On 2G, I used to get around 8-9 hours of usage and now that has reduced to 5.30-6.0 hours on 3G.

So is this a normal behaviour? Also, I would like to add is that 3G infrastructure in India is being laid down. It's been only a few months. Could that be a reason for the less efficient implementation of 3G and hence less battery usage?
    08-19-2011 10:31 PM
    5.5-6 hours is not bad, imo. there are too many variables to even speculate about the infrastructure in your location. although 3G does indeed increase battery usage

i think another key factor is your standby time. some days when i get 6+ hours usage my standby is pretty decent, considering i do charge my phone every night anyways. now with iOS 5 (beta) i can easily go all day/night without even a quick bump (charge) like times in the past

if i am forced to use 2G, or Edge, then i might as well toss my phone in the trash 'cause i cannot deal with that
    08-20-2011 12:23 AM
    5.5-6 hours is not bad, imo. there are too many variables to even speculate about the infrastructure in your location. although 3G does indeed increase battery usage

i think another key factor is your standby time. some days when i get 6+ hours usage my standby is pretty decent, considering i do charge my phone every night anyways. now with iOS 5 (beta) i can easily go all day/night without even a quick bump (charge) like times in the past

if i am forced to use 2G, or Edge, then i might as well toss my phone in the trash 'cause i cannot deal with that
    Ya so it looks like it's not a bad thing to get a 5.5-6 hours. I was just wondering.

And yes I did notice better battery life on iOS 5. But reverted back to 4.3.3 for untethered jailbreak.

And rofl @ " if i am forced to use 2G, or Edge, then i might as well toss my phone in the trash 'cause i cannot deal with that" .. The thing is 3G has been just lay he'd in India a few months back. And rates are still very high for heavy usage plans. And I can't live with 200- 500 MB plans. Need atleat a couple of gigs with speed as fast as 3G and iPhone.

The combination of iPhone and 3G is of data hogger...
    08-20-2011 05:57 AM
    It depends on your activities. Also, if wifi and notification settings are on, it keeps trying to get signals---making your phone work and use up battery. Turn them off if you're not using them.
    08-21-2011 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD