Ok so my phone has a issue i think,
    I'm running ios 4.3.5 and after a full drain to the point where it turns itself off and i let it stay off for a few hours before i a/c charged it for 5 hours it's at 13% after not even a full days use, These are my stats:

Usage:4 hours 4 minutes
    Standby: 12 hours 8 minutes

the only notifications on are:
    ebay
    facebook
    FFM
    Heytell
    Twitter
    Viber

location services are:
    bump
    camera
    facebook
    maps
    video safe
    westpac

Just turned off location for bump ,westpac and video safe,my brightness is around the half way mark and i only turn wifi on when i get home at night. My email is on push as well. Does this sound about right or does it sound like it's draining a bit too fast??

Can maybe a few people just post the usage and standby times so i can get a idea of where everyone else is at please?
    I have a Genius appointment this Sunday so i might mention something if people think there could be a issue.

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by shooter03; 08-22-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    08-18-2011 04:15 AM
    I'm pretty sure any location services are a huge drain.
    I need to schedule an appointment with a genius sometime soon, my home button hates me. Seriously have been sitting for a half hour without it working.
    08-18-2011 05:00 AM
    Try turning off ping if you have it on that has helped some people.
    08-18-2011 09:58 AM
    I need to schedule an appointment with a genius sometime soon, my home button hates me. Seriously have been sitting for a half hour without it working.
    Not to hijack this thread but check out the first comment to the link. If you haven't tried this fix see if it helps the home button issue.

iPhone Bugs: Home Button not working? | TiPb
    08-18-2011 11:24 AM
    Try turning off ping if you have it on that has helped some people.
    i have been doing this ever since Ping came out. still could not tell you if it makes a difference haha
    08-18-2011 12:16 PM
    Only if they continue to run in the background which you can tell by the little diagonal arrow in the status bar.
    08-18-2011 01:25 PM
    I'm running ios 4.3.5 and my battery is at 13% after a full drain and let it turn itself off and stay off for a few hours before i a/c charged it for 5 hours.

[snip]

Does this sound about right or does it sound like it's draining a bit too fast??
    I'm not sure I understand your question because it seems like you are saying your battery is at 13% after a/c charging for 5 hours after a full drain? That doesn't seem right, but the question is how long does it take for your phone to full drain with "normal" use? You should get basically a full day unless you are using blutooth and/or gps a lot...
    08-18-2011 01:28 PM
    I'm not sure I understand your question because it seems like you are saying your battery is at 13% after a/c charging for 5 hours after a full drain? That doesn't seem right, but the question is how long does it take for your phone to full drain with "normal" use? You should get basically a full day unless you are using blutooth and/or gps a lot...
    I fixed it up mate should be a bit clearer and easy to understand now.

Can anyone else post usage ad standby stats please?
    08-18-2011 04:05 PM
    Anyone? Little help?
    08-18-2011 06:57 PM
    I'm running ios 4.3.5 and after a full drain to the point where it turns itself off and i let it stay off for a few hours before i a/c charged it for 5 hours it's at 13% after not even a full days use, These are my stats:

Usage:4 hours 4 minutes
    Standby: 12 hours 8 minutes
    If I am reading that right you have used your phone for just over 4 hours and the last time it was plugged in was over 16 hours (I think you add those two up but I could be wrong) and after all that you have 13% battery left. IMO that is really good...

I spot charge mine several times throughout the day (car charger here, wall plug there, etc), and I easily make it through a day. If I remember correctly the last time I went a whole day without charging it I was down below 10% by late evening.
    TheZink likes this.
    08-18-2011 07:05 PM
    Your reading it right. You really think that is good?? I swear it used to be alot better. Only in the last week or so it's been this bad.
    08-18-2011 09:12 PM
    Right now I'm sitting on 74% battery remaining...

Usage: 2 Hours, 7 Minutes
    Standby: 13 Hours, 18 Minutes

So I've been on standby longer than you (just over an hour more), and have just under 2 hours less usage... and my battery has more remaining charge than yours by 74% to 13%... I can't imagine what I could do for 2 hours to use up 61% of total battery reserve...
    Shooter03 likes this.
    08-18-2011 10:15 PM
    That's what I'm thinking Hank. Dodgy battery maybe??
    08-18-2011 10:47 PM
    I just glanced back through the thread but didn't see how old your phone is...

It could be a battery that's starting to go... but it could be other things... are you in a solid 3G area or a fringe area? What about wifi? Always on? Always ask to join networks? Bluetooth?

If your phone is constantly looking for a connection of one type or another, that will hit your battery HARD.

If you're still under warranty, it's worth a trip to the Apple store and see what they have to say...
    08-18-2011 10:54 PM
    Wifi only when I'm at home otherwise I turn it off. Solid 3G area. After a all night charge I'm at 45% with usage at 2h 40 mins and 7h 16 mins standby. My phone would be either 12 months old or just a little over.
    Last edited by shooter03; 08-18-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    08-18-2011 11:45 PM
    Wifi only when I'm at home otherwise I turn it off. Solid 3G area. After a all night charge I'm at 45% with usage at 2h 40 mins and 7h 16 mins standby.
    Also be sure to check the basic settings like screen brightness and autolock. I have my brightness set at just below half-way (the position on the slider bar is below the GH of "Brightness"... and autolock is set to 1 minute.

I'd definitely take it in and have it looked at...
    08-18-2011 11:50 PM
    Yeah I've always had everything set to maintain a good battery life. I've read and applied lots of tips to keep it from draining to fast. Thats why I'm concerned with it now.
    08-19-2011 12:21 AM
    Yeah I've always had everything set to maintain a good battery life. I've read and applied lots of tips to keep it from draining to fast. Thats why I'm concerned with it now.
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    08-19-2011 12:27 AM
    Thanks Hank, I'll let y'all know after my genius appointment.
    08-19-2011 04:02 AM
    I think the battery life just gets shorter over time. I've had mine a year now and it won't get me through a full day without a charge.
    08-19-2011 04:26 AM
    I think the battery life just gets shorter over time. I've had mine a year now and it won't get me through a full day without a charge.
    Time to go see a genius then mate, i've just been reading up on the whole warranty thing and a battery that doesn't preform is classified as a defect and is covered by warranty.

just checked too and i got my phone on the 18 of December last year so its not even a year old yet and i'm lucky to get 4 hours of usage out of it.
    Last edited by shooter03; 08-19-2011 at 05:16 AM.
    08-19-2011 05:13 AM
    just a quick update, i went to visit my apple genius and i've got a new iphone now and i've set it up as a new one also so I'll see how i go. fingers crossed this works out.
    08-21-2011 01:22 AM
    just a quick update, i went to visit my apple genius and i've got a new iphone now and i've set it up as a new one also so I'll see how i go. fingers crossed this works out.
    Good news! So, let us know how it turns out...
    08-21-2011 01:29 AM
    Just a quick update, my new iphone is currently on 43% battery after 37 hours on standby and 4 hours of usage, my old phone would be completely dead by now. The apple genius even checked my old phones battery and said it was coming up on screen as normal, I still persisted it was playing up and got a new one. Just goes to show even apple geniuses aren't alway right. I'm glad they replaced it and i now have a great phone again.
    Last edited by shooter03; 08-22-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    08-22-2011 03:28 AM

this is much better than my previous phone, so very happy now.
    08-23-2011 03:59 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD