battery Issue

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
battery Issue-UPDATE

Ok so my phone has a issue i think,
I'm running ios 4.3.5 and after a full drain to the point where it turns itself off and i let it stay off for a few hours before i a/c charged it for 5 hours it's at 13% after not even a full days use, These are my stats:

Usage:4 hours 4 minutes
Standby: 12 hours 8 minutes

the only notifications on are:
ebay
facebook
FFM
Heytell
Twitter
Viber

location services are:
bump
camera
facebook
maps
video safe
westpac

Just turned off location for bump ,westpac and video safe,my brightness is around the half way mark and i only turn wifi on when i get home at night. My email is on push as well. Does this sound about right or does it sound like it's draining a bit too fast??

Can maybe a few people just post the usage and standby times so i can get a idea of where everyone else is at please?
I have a Genius appointment this Sunday so i might mention something if people think there could be a issue.:confused:

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure any location services are a huge drain.
I need to schedule an appointment with a genius sometime soon, my home button hates me. Seriously have been sitting for a half hour without it working.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure any location services are a huge drain.
I need to schedule an appointment with a genius sometime soon, my home button hates me. Seriously have been sitting for a half hour without it working.

Not to hijack this thread but check out the first comment to the link. If you haven't tried this fix see if it helps the home button issue.

iPhone Bugs: Home Button not working? | TiPb

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm running ios 4.3.5 and my battery is at 13% after a full drain and let it turn itself off and stay off for a few hours before i a/c charged it for 5 hours.

[snip]

Does this sound about right or does it sound like it's draining a bit too fast??

I'm not sure I understand your question because it seems like you are saying your battery is at 13% after a/c charging for 5 hours after a full drain? That doesn't seem right, but the question is how long does it take for your phone to full drain with "normal" use? You should get basically a full day unless you are using blutooth and/or gps a lot...

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your question because it seems like you are saying your battery is at 13% after a/c charging for 5 hours after a full drain? That doesn't seem right, but the question is how long does it take for your phone to full drain with "normal" use? You should get basically a full day unless you are using blutooth and/or gps a lot...

I fixed it up mate should be a bit clearer and easy to understand now.

Can anyone else post usage ad standby stats please?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm running ios 4.3.5 and after a full drain to the point where it turns itself off and i let it stay off for a few hours before i a/c charged it for 5 hours it's at 13% after not even a full days use, These are my stats:

Usage:4 hours 4 minutes
Standby: 12 hours 8 minutes

If I am reading that right you have used your phone for just over 4 hours and the last time it was plugged in was over 16 hours (I think you add those two up but I could be wrong) and after all that you have 13% battery left. IMO that is really good...

I spot charge mine several times throughout the day (car charger here, wall plug there, etc), and I easily make it through a day. If I remember correctly the last time I went a whole day without charging it I was down below 10% by late evening.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Your reading it right. You really think that is good?? I swear it used to be alot better. Only in the last week or so it's been this bad.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm sitting on 74% battery remaining...

Usage: 2 Hours, 7 Minutes
Standby: 13 Hours, 18 Minutes

So I've been on standby longer than you (just over an hour more), and have just under 2 hours less usage... and my battery has more remaining charge than yours by 74% to 13%... I can't imagine what I could do for 2 hours to use up 61% of total battery reserve...

Reactions: Shooter03

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just glanced back through the thread but didn't see how old your phone is...

It could be a battery that's starting to go... but it could be other things... are you in a solid 3G area or a fringe area? What about wifi? Always on? Always ask to join networks? Bluetooth?

If your phone is constantly looking for a connection of one type or another, that will hit your battery HARD.

If you're still under warranty, it's worth a trip to the Apple store and see what they have to say...

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Wifi only when I'm at home otherwise I turn it off. Solid 3G area. After a all night charge I'm at 45% with usage at 2h 40 mins and 7h 16 mins standby. My phone would be either 12 months old or just a little over.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wifi only when I'm at home otherwise I turn it off. Solid 3G area. After a all night charge I'm at 45% with usage at 2h 40 mins and 7h 16 mins standby.

Also be sure to check the basic settings like screen brightness and autolock. I have my brightness set at just below half-way (the position on the slider bar is below the GH of "Brightness"... and autolock is set to 1 minute.

I'd definitely take it in and have it looked at...

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've always had everything set to maintain a good battery life. I've read and applied lots of tips to keep it from draining to fast. Thats why I'm concerned with it now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods