Apple TV Remote & iPhone 4

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
How do I unpair an Apple TV remote from the iPhone 4?
I have an Apple TV that I watch almost nightly in my bedroom and when I have my iPhone 4 sitting on the charger at night it tends to either play music or podcasts when I click the buttons on the remote. I have looked all through settings and unless I am just missing it, how do I keep this from happening because it is quite annoying.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How do I unpair an Apple TV remote from the iPhone 4?
I have an Apple TV that I watch almost nightly in my bedroom and when I have my iPhone 4 sitting on the charger at night it tends to either play music or podcasts when I click the buttons on the remote. I have looked all through settings and unless I am just missing it, how do I keep this from happening because it is quite annoying.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Are you talking about the physical AppleTV remote or the AppleTV remote for the iPhone/iPod/iPad?

If you're referring to the physical remote that came in the box with the AppleTV, try pairing it with the AppleTV. Out of the box, the remote is not paired with the device, and the remotes and devices will work in any combination with other devices unless they are paired with a single device.

That said, I wasn't aware that the iPhone had any kind of receiving port that could be activated by an IR remote. But if it is behaving as you say (not doubting you, just never heard of that before), pairing the remote with the AppleTV should cause it to only work with the AppleTV.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about the physical AppleTV remote or the AppleTV remote for the iPhone/iPod/iPad?

If you're referring to the physical remote that came in the box with the AppleTV, try pairing it with the AppleTV. Out of the box, the remote is not paired with the device, and the remotes and devices will work in any combination with other devices unless they are paired with a single device.

That said, I wasn't aware that the iPhone had any kind of receiving port that could be activated by an IR remote. But if it is behaving as you say (not doubting you, just never heard of that before), pairing the remote with the AppleTV should cause it to only work with the AppleTV.

Alright, I'll for sure give that a shot.
And yea, I meant the actual remote that came with the Apple TV. The thin silver one. Yea, I didn't know the iPhone did either, but when I hit play/pause my iPhone starts playing music. It can be quite frustrating.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods