Put it inside a box with silicon granules or those that absorb moisture/water. Domestically, you can use a container with uncooked rice. Cross your fingers. If it doesn't help, go to nearest iphone repairs shop.
    08-21-2011 11:18 AM
    A guy I know at work just had his iPhone 4 knocked off his tool box into a bucket of antifreeze. It sat submerged for a long time until he came back and found it. It wouldn't even turn on.

He took it to the Apple store and told them what happened.

They took his phone to the back and "flushed it out". They came back a little while later and the phone was in full working order. $100 later it's working again.

---
    - Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b6 using Tapatalk.
    08-21-2011 12:40 PM
    A guy I know at work just had his iPhone 4 knocked off his tool box into a bucket of antifreeze. It sat submerged for a long time until he came back and found it. It wouldn't even turn on.

He took it to the Apple store and told them what happened.

They took his phone to the back and "flushed it out". They came back a little while later and the phone was in full working order. $100 later it's working again.

---
    - Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b6 using Tapatalk.
    Are you sure they just didn't come back with another iPhone for him? If the phone was sitting in antifreeze for a long period of time, I don't see what they could have flushed it with to get it working again.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    08-22-2011 08:54 AM
    Are you sure they just didn't come back with another iPhone for him? If the phone was sitting in antifreeze for a long period of time, I don't see what they could have flushed it with to get it working again.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    He said they told him it didn't get inside too badly (which i find odd, maybe his case saved him) and apparently flushed it all out.

It was his original phone alright because it still had all his info and songs/etc on it. If it was a new phone it would have been blank.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b6 using Tapatalk.
    08-22-2011 08:59 AM
    Ok, so I cooking supper just now, and my iPhone got knocked into a bowl of water. It had nothing but water in it (I was washing some asparagus). It was only in there for about .5 seconds, but it was dripping water when I got it out. I dried it completely, and then took q-tips to dry out the holes (speakers and plug.) It is working completely fine, but I am worried about long term effects. ANY ADVICE?!?!?! I'M FREAKING OUT AT THE MOMENT!! Texting and internet works fine, everything. I'm afraid to plug it into anything or turn it off, in case it doesn't turn back on.
    T_Williams - Could have been a lot worse. Fortunately it still works. On my very old verizon razor, it had a water sensor sticker that changed colors when it was damp (which told verizon whether they could replace it for free or not). Not sure if Apple has anything like that but might be something to look into.

Also interesting, when I was outside for a while this summer with the iPhone it gave me a temperature warning and told me to put the iphone inside to cool it off. Maybe it would have given you a damp warning?? Just a thought.

Let us know what happens.
    08-22-2011 10:32 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD