Question About Travelling With Unlocked iPhone 4 and/or iPad 2

frkm0005

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to New York City for a trip for 5 days and I was curious if anybody could point me in the right direction. I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 and a 3G iPad 2 and I would like to purchase a SIM to use while I'm in NYC. It can be for either device as I'm only looking for data so I can use it to help me get around with the maps app or using safari to look up info. I'm currently on Rogers in Canada for both so if there's no solution I'll see if they can give me a temporary International Feature, but it will probably be ridiculously expensive if I know Rogers. Can somebody tell me which Carrier in NYC has a solution for me?

I apologize in advance if somebody already asked this question.

Regards.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Att would be your best bet for data maybe give them a call or look online .. I do know att has go phones that is pre paid with sim cards
Or I have seen some prepaid mifi devices u could put in your pocket and create a mobile wifi for both devices

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The only solutions are VZW (CDMA) and AT&T (GSM) Since you mentioned a SIM specifically, I'm gonna guess you're GSM which limits you to AT&T ... You could get a T-Mobile SIM (GSM), but they use a different (non-standard) band for 3G data, so you'd be limited to EDGE speeds.

I haven't been to NYC in several years, so I cannot speak to how good/bad the coverage is...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Att would be your best bet for data maybe give them a call or look online .. I do know att has go phones that is pre paid with sim cards
Or I have seen some prepaid mifi devices u could put in your pocket and create a mobile wifi for both devices

Good point... I completely missed the mobile hotspot approach...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW