POP email on exchange?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No. They are two different protocols. The closest you could do would be to forward your pop3 email to an exchange account.

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok. So I have my pop account forwarding through my gmail account on exchange....I get the pop email on the phone(forwarded via gmail) but when I reply, it sends I through the gmail account...I set it up to send through the pop account...

Is that possible to reply and have it sent via the pop?

---
- Sent from my iPad

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Your confusion is confusing me. I administer Exchange 2003 - 2010 and don't know what a "pop website" is. You're most likely accessing Outlook Web Access (AKA OWA) or a POP3 protocol mail server that has web-based access.

Your Exchange server (if that's what you use) may have or can have the POP3 protocol configured and you can send and receive email with a POP3 email client.

I am aware that you may have an Exchange client setup on the phone outside of an Exchange server to synchronize Google groupware features.

Good luck.

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes it I a pop3 address. The web mail site is 1and1.com.

I have it being forwarded through my gmail account. When I get an email on the pop3 account through gmail and I reply, it sends the reply through the gmail addy.

Is there a way to make it send through the pop3 when I hit reply?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely!

As long as you also have the pop3 account (and its smtp counterpart - the outgoing mail) also set up on your iPhone, when you reply, just tap on the line that starts with CC: Bcc: From. Then go down to the line that has the From address and tap on it. A wheel will pop up with your send from options. Just choose your pop3 account there.

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely!

As long as you also have the pop3 account (and its smtp counterpart - the outgoing mail) also set up on your iPhone, when you reply, just tap on the line that starts with CC: Bcc: From. Then go down to the line that has the From address and tap on it. A wheel will pop up with your send from options. Just choose your pop3 account there.

But if I have he pop3 setup on my iPhone I will get a notification there as well as the gmail account correct?

---
- Sent from my iPad

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
But if I have he pop3 setup on my iPhone I will get a notification there as well as the gmail account correct?

---
- Sent from my iPad

Don't poll from it. Just use it for sending. A pop3 account isn't going to push notifications to you, so unless you open it, or set it to poll every x minutes, it won't notify you.

DefBref

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why you've gone to all this trouble of forwarding email, from a quick scan of the 1and1 website, they support imap as well as pop, so just set the account up as imap instead of pop.

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't know why you've gone to all this trouble of forwarding email, from a quick scan of the 1and1 website, they support imap as well as pop, so just set the account up as imap instead of pop.

Didn't know I could use IMAP. Have setup all my devices with the imap instead of the pop3. Much better I believe.

---
- Sent from my iPad

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73