I started having problems with my iPhone 4 backing up. I have searched and tried to delete the backup file to no avail. I resorted to restoring to factory. That seemed to work fine. Then I tried to start reloading info and received the same error. The only thing it tried to reload was contacts, bookmarks, and notes.

Here is my error message:
    Itunes could not back up the Iphone "xxx" because the backup could not be saved on the computer
    Last edited by jbonnot03; 08-08-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    08-08-2011 09:07 PM
    If I had to guess, I'd say it's not your iPhone; I think it's your computer. Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed? Have you tried restarting your computer?

You may even want to try deleting iTunes on your computer, then reinstalling it. This worked for me when I was getting a related error pop up in iTunes.

Hope everything works out for you.
    08-09-2011 04:55 AM
    I deleted and reinstalled a couple of times. I did get it to work once. Then I got a different error about a duplicate file. Then the next time I tried, Itunes acted as if I hadn't ever connected the phone before and restored from backup. Since then no more backup.

I have deleted the backup numerous times. I found a help via the net about removing itoner something or other but couldn't find that on my comp.

The only new thing installed on my comp is Quicken.
    08-09-2011 09:45 AM
    Got it fixed.

From the control panel or any uninstaller Program (Better for cleaning registery values) Uninstall ALL Apple Software. This includes:

Apple Application Support

Apple Mobile Device Support

Apple Software Update

Bonjour

iTunes

Quicktime

Then delete all remnants of any of those from Program Files.

Then after a restart and reinstall, it has worked OK.
    08-09-2011 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD