1. hijynx420's Avatar
    I have an Iphone 4 (4.2.6) jailbroke with greenpois0n several months ago. I was running low on storage, and like an *****, used WinSCP to get into var/mobile/media to delete a few things to free up storage. I do not remember exactly what I deleted. Well now everytime I try to play anything purchased through Itunes, including music, videos, and podcasts, it crashes. The obvious this would be to restore using Itunes, but Itunes apparently only saved the most recent backup which was after I pulled this stupid move. I do have dropbox installed and tried restore one of those backups from about a week before I pulled this stunt, but it did not help. I also have syslog and crash reported installed and working, so I included those scripts in a zip file since it put me over the limit on characters and over on max .doc attachment size. I wondered if I installed an update like 4.2.6 from a website if that would fix it. But it did not seem like it would. Am I totally screwed or what? This is worth some money to me, if you have a paypal, I will give some cash to the person who helps me fix this. Below are two different crash logs, and two different syslogs. The first is when I tried to play a purchased song, the second set from when I tried to open up the podcasts. I am able to use purchased apps, and able to see purchased music, but I am unable to even view any podcasts. Hopefully the attached logs will help someone much smarter than myself to give me an easy fix.
    08-05-2011 01:31 PM
  2. hijynx420's Avatar
    I figured it out. I disabled the "anyringlib" mobile substrate through sbsettings and suddenly the ipod started working as normal. I installed callbar about the same time this started happening, and there seems to be a conflict issue between anyring and callbar that may be causing this. Anyway, I tried reinstalling anyring and it screwed the ipod up again. So I uninstalled it and I am back up and running. So if this or something similar happens to you, try disabling anyringlib and seeing if that helps. Im an ***** for not trying to boot in safe mode before to see if it was a mobile substrate conflict. Anyway thank you for anyone who took the time to read through this, even though nobody replied.
    08-05-2011 04:52 PM
  3. tonirags's Avatar
    thank you thank you thank you! nobody may have replied to you, but your reply solved my problem on my 3gs. And this is the second time i encountered it. I actually installed an update to anyring yesterday and it did not occur to me that this could have been the problem...unfortunately i deleted my entire library before seeing this post...but it is much easier to replace my library than to restore the phone...

    i cannot thank you enough!!
    09-02-2011 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD