Hmm... To Update or Not?

upworlder

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, my iPhone is currently rocking firmware v.4.2.6. Just wondering what you all thought. Should I bring it up to 4.2.10 and lose my jailbreak? While I do love my jailbroken functionality, I use it primarily for bitesms (truly amazing) and TiPb's Policy on Piracy Discussion. At this point I am willing to try to live without bitesms for a little while to try out the stock feel of the messaging app again and I more or less already know which apps i am going to use for the essentials (twitter, a couple games, google reader, etc). So what do you say? To upgrade or no? Also, do you think I will see anything in the way of slight battery life increases or is that just wishful thinking?

Also, I was thinking about how nice it would be going from stock iOS 4 to iOS 5 in a little over a month... It would be wonderful to see how almost all of the issues that I had to solve with jb are addressed coming from the stock experience. But do I really want to give up bitesms?....

Last edited by a moderator:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I dont think it worth the update. Also, I really doesn't matter if you go fresh from 4 to 5 because its recommended you restore first when JB before you upgrade OS and if you go to a stock OS its recommended you dont restore your backup.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Not worth going back to stock until iOS 5 and even then I will probably jailbreak unless they allow Google Voice SMS integration into the messaging app.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox