weird battery phenomenon

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed a weird battery phenomenon. When I plug in my phone to charge and then turn off the phone for the night my battery the next day lasts very long. When I plug it in but keep it powered on my battery lasts about 2 hours less.

Anyone else notice this?

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed a weird battery phenomenon. When I plug in my phone to charge and then turn off the phone for the night my battery the next day lasts very long. When I plug it in but keep it powered on my battery lasts about 2 hours less.

Anyone else notice this?

Are you leaving the phone plugged in overnight when it's on as well? What I've noticed when I charge mine is even though the barrery meter at the top says 100%, if you look at the green battery there is this little tiny portion that doesn't show a full charge and it's still black on the very right of the battery. My Ipod does the same thing.

Last edited:

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have seen that too. I always wait until it is full and the battery symbol changes to the plug before unplugging.

I should make it clear that my battery does not die and never has, it is just noticeable difference with charge.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, from my experience with Pre's. Phones are hardly ever accurate when displaying actual percentage or battery life on the meter.

Battery doctor (or whatever it was) was extremely useful in recalibrating your phones meter or percentage to what it should be. Is their something like this in the jailbreaking community?

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you leaving the phone plugged in overnight when it's on as well? What I've noticed when I charge mine is even though the barrery meter at the top says 100%, if you look at the green battery there is this little tiny portion that doesn't show a full charge and it's still black on the very right of the battery. My Ipod does the same thing.

I've noticed the same but what I do is just unplug it and plug it back in. Sometimes it just needs to reset the battery meter.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2