I have noticed a weird battery phenomenon. When I plug in my phone to charge and then turn off the phone for the night my battery the next day lasts very long. When I plug it in but keep it powered on my battery lasts about 2 hours less.

Anyone else notice this?
    08-05-2011 09:12 AM
    that is very odd. just curious, what OS are you on?
    08-05-2011 09:18 AM
    4.3.5, but it has always been this way for me.
    08-05-2011 09:21 AM
    Hard to tell because in years of owning iPhones I've still never actually run out of battery.
    08-05-2011 10:35 AM
    I have noticed a weird battery phenomenon. When I plug in my phone to charge and then turn off the phone for the night my battery the next day lasts very long. When I plug it in but keep it powered on my battery lasts about 2 hours less.

Anyone else notice this?
    Are you leaving the phone plugged in overnight when it's on as well? What I've noticed when I charge mine is even though the barrery meter at the top says 100%, if you look at the green battery there is this little tiny portion that doesn't show a full charge and it's still black on the very right of the battery. My Ipod does the same thing.
    Last edited by dsmith3427; 08-05-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    08-05-2011 10:45 AM
    I have seen that too. I always wait until it is full and the battery symbol changes to the plug before unplugging.

I should make it clear that my battery does not die and never has, it is just noticeable difference with charge.
    08-05-2011 11:03 AM
    Well, from my experience with Pre's. Phones are hardly ever accurate when displaying actual percentage or battery life on the meter.

Battery doctor (or whatever it was) was extremely useful in recalibrating your phones meter or percentage to what it should be. Is their something like this in the jailbreaking community?
    08-05-2011 11:00 PM
    Are you leaving the phone plugged in overnight when it's on as well? What I've noticed when I charge mine is even though the barrery meter at the top says 100%, if you look at the green battery there is this little tiny portion that doesn't show a full charge and it's still black on the very right of the battery. My Ipod does the same thing.
    I've noticed the same but what I do is just unplug it and plug it back in. Sometimes it just needs to reset the battery meter.
    08-06-2011 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD