Has anyone else experienced poor battery life since 4.3.5? Mine has been horrible. I unplug at 9:00am and by 12pm I'm down a good 10-15 % without even using the phone. Before 4.3.5 I would be around 98%. I did a fresh install and it didn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    08-01-2011 02:42 PM
    Mine has been the same i have not not really noticed a difference.
    TheZink likes this.
    08-01-2011 02:57 PM
    I updated the day before yesterday. Bluetooth on constantly and I stream either iPod or Pandora when I'm in the car (granted I've not done that much these past few days) I unplugged my phone at around 10 AM and it's now 3:30 PM and I'm around 75-80% battery.

Seems pretty normal to me.
    08-01-2011 04:24 PM
    I don't have 4.3.5, but i just asked the wife...she said hers has been completely normal since updating.
    08-01-2011 04:26 PM
    Thanks guys. I just turned off ping and that seems to be helping a lot.
    08-01-2011 04:37 PM
    Thanks guys. I just turned off ping and that seems to be helping a lot.
    the smallest thing can affect a battery
    08-01-2011 04:52 PM
    1. Turn Off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc when not using
    2. Turn Off Location Services
    3. Close all apps
    4. Every re-charge, wait for full re-charge.. (charging icon turns from a lightning icon to plug icon), never use in middle
    5. Don't charge often, let the battery go down to < 20%
    6. Don't charge for a long period, unplug after full charge (#4 above)

Hope that helps.
    TheZink likes this.
    08-03-2011 06:40 AM
    ^^ this guy knows what he's talking about.
    08-03-2011 08:22 AM
    I haven't noticed any change, I don't worry about disabling location services and wifi and all the stuff posted above (yes you will conserve battery but is it worth playing with toggles all the time?), I do have my brightness set at about 50% and have great battery life. I am able to make it through a full day, I work in the restaurant business and always have my phone on me. I typically get home 11 hours after it was taken off the charger and usually have around 30% left which is fine because I only need the phone to carry me through 1 day.
    08-03-2011 10:01 AM
    When I upgraded mine from 4.1 to 4.3.1 then 4.3.3, I saw my battery life drop by about 60%. I used to get two days of use out of my iPhone 4 (mostly text, a few short calls, and minimal browsing). Suddenly I dropped about 10% an hour minimum with a few texts and no surfing.

On 4.3.3 if I surf the net on car rides (I travel quite a bit for work) and text, my phone dies in about 6-8 hours tops. I always made the entire day before on long trips, with 20-30% to spare. Thankfully I jailbroke my iPhone and saved my SHSH blobs. I just went back to 4.2.1 and have noticed a huge increase in battery life on the first day. After 6 hours of heavy texting I'm only down to 78%, whereas yesterday at this time with similar usage I was in the 30's. I even had Apple do a factory restore and reinstall the software to make sure it was a clean install.

Apple's reluctance to let you downgrade your OS when you see it doesn't work well with your phone will be a deciding factor on whether I purchase another iPhone in the future. Then again, On my Android phone (I bounce back and forth between phones) and my Blackberries previously, I always try out different OSes. If one didn't play nicely with my phone, I simply tried another.
    Last edited by bish0p34; 08-04-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    08-04-2011 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD