Technology wins again: The saga of a stolen iPhone

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Be greatful the moron didn't turn the phone off otherwise you would have been SOL. A friend of mine left his phone in a bar for no more than a minute before it got snatched up. Went home and tried to track it using this App but to no luck it had been turned off.

They should implement a feature to be able to remote turn on the phone for just these instances.

Itsfoxy

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I was on vacation recently and at the airport I had left my phone in the ladies room. Walked out, back to my gate, sat down, saw the girl next to me on her phone and looked for mine. No where...I was like crap! Ran back to the ladies room and thank GOD it was still there. Talk about a panic attack. I was lucky!

Munky#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I was on vacation recently and at the airport I had left my phone in the ladies room. Walked out, back to my gate, sat down, saw the girl next to me on her phone and looked for mine. No where...I was like crap! Ran back to the ladies room and thank GOD it was still there. Talk about a panic attack. I was lucky!

Noticed you're in Atlanta, if it were at the Atlanta airport you're very lucky! That place is a mad house!

fdeschenes

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

You're one lucky girl!

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP glad you got your phone back:D like some said the first thing I thought was you're lucky they didn't turn the phone off. If you ask me Apple should put small amounts of C4 in the phone and then once the alert is triggered by FMIphone. If it's powered off the phone self destructs or if it's still on and you can't get it back you can remotely blow it up:D Yeah I'm a devious SOB, but I hate the thought of a theif using stolen property while someone else has to pay:mad: The only problem is it would become all the rage with terrorists :(

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I forgot to add my story of why I added FMI. I went out for wings with my GF and some friends. I was playing some songs while we all laughed(Me so horny, Brickhouse, etc) When I got home four or five hours later I couldn't find my phone and panic set in. I don't keep any personal info that was at risk so my only thought was they could see my GF's address and it just burned me up they would have my phone. I would have to wait till the next day to go back to the wing place so I went to bed hoping someone at the place found and kept it there. The next day my GF calls me, I had left it on her couch before I went home. I was SO releived, the first thing I did when I got it back was install FMI and put a lock code on it.

dcdoes

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Is the app the same as the service I activated with my new iPad? Some of you mention downloading the app and others activating it. I just want to make sure I have the right/best app.

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
It's a free app called "Find my iPhone". You can use the same account to track all of your iOS devices. Just log-in on each device with your Apple ID and you can track your devices from any iOS device, Mac or PC.

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have that app on my iPhone 4 also my daughters iPod4 touch . Can I get the app for my MacBook also ?

It's in beta testing right now. Once iCloud is officially launched, you will be able to track your Mac(assuming you're running Lion) just like your iOS devices. :)

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Man I wish my mom had this setup on her phone, she lost it and had to have a phone so she bought a new one the next day. She didnt tell me about it till after she bought a new one. I put the app on her phone but she didnt set it up, so i sent her the link to the fmi app and told her to set it up today!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox