Hey all. I ended up selling my iphone since the 5 will be coming out before to long. A tactic based on prices dropping when the newest unit actually is released. But anyway. I need to get to my contacts from ITunes. I'm assuming since the phone has been backed up a number of times I can somehow. I don't need to do a crazy sync thing to a new phone or anything like that. Just want to be able to see my saved contacts from my backup so I can write them all down.

Thanks in advance
    Josh
    07-30-2011 02:52 AM
    Do you by any chance have an iPod or iPad? iCloud pushes all that info to any other iOS device automatically.

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features...ndar-mail.html
    07-30-2011 07:39 AM
    did you use a service like Google Sync, or MobileMe?

using a Mac or PC?

if PC, within iTunes, did you have your address book sync'd to outlook?

otherwise, I'm not aware of any way to decode the "backup" and take away your contacts..
    07-30-2011 08:59 AM
    If using a windows PC simply choose to backup contacts to Windows Address Book when you sync with iTunes. Not saying it's the best way but it works. All of your info will be in there.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    08-01-2011 10:15 AM
    Just to point it out...iTunes itself does not save contacts themselves, in case it wasn't clear to the OP from the responses he's already got.
    08-01-2011 10:24 AM
    Also, this whole thing was solved in this thread. We may want to close this one.
    08-01-2011 11:40 AM
    What is the deal with these newbies starting 100 different threads with the same subject matter? Learn some patience!
    08-01-2011 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD