My wife came home from work tonight with her BlackBerry in pieces - something about a 3 year old BB, an asphalt drive and a passing car. Anyway, she is now the proud owner of a 16GB iPhone 4. We would have preferred to wait until the iPhone 5 was released, but sometimes life just happens to you.

So now the question of the hour: How can I connect both iPhones to my Mac, share the iTunes account, apps and music ... yet keep both address books separate? She has her work contacts, I have my work contacts, and we both have common contacts - family and friends.

I know I can connect both phones, load apps, music, etc on the same computer... but how can I address the separate contact/address book situation on a single computer?
    07-29-2011 11:42 PM
    When you sync her phone to the computer, go to the 'Info' tab and make sure you uncheck the "Sync Address Book Contacts" box. Scroll down after that and make sure that none of the boxes in the "Advance" section are selected.

That should do the trick
    07-30-2011 12:13 AM
    When you sync her phone to the computer, go to the 'Info' tab and make sure you uncheck the "Sync Address Book Contacts" box. Scroll down after that and make sure that none of the boxes in the "Advance" section are selected.

That should do the trick
    I know how to NOT sync contacts... my question is HOW can I sync two sets of contacts with a single instance of iTunes on a Mac.
    07-30-2011 12:15 AM
    Don't sync your contacts to iTunes. Sync them to Google.
    07-30-2011 01:18 AM
    Yeah. One to Google and one the address book application.
    07-31-2011 05:23 PM
    I cheated... I took the time to merge the contacts into a single set... and then created groups My Contacts and Her Contacts. So now, we sync all contacts (~300 total), and can filter between My and Her contacts on each device. Seems to work well.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    07-31-2011 07:57 PM
    I cheated... I took the time to merge the contacts into a single set... and then created groups My Contacts and Her Contacts. So now, we sync all contacts (~300 total), and can filter between My and Her contacts on each device. Seems to work well.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Alittle late but my first thought is gmail .. I know on windows though you can sync contacts from outlook and outlook you can have 2 profiles ( his and hers) then set the phones to sync to there individual profiles .. I know your on Mac but maybe there is something similar with the mail program that might work
    07-31-2011 08:45 PM
    The title seems to be an alternative apple version of 'two girls one cup.' hahah
    08-02-2011 09:47 PM
    The thread begs to ask the question.. can't we have separate user profiles on iTunes.. (similar to a Outlook installation on Windows) from the above I see the answer as No.
    08-03-2011 06:35 AM
    No, but you can have separate profiles on the computer running iTunes.
    08-03-2011 09:57 AM
    I have the same condition with you. Both me and my wife use iPhone 4s and iPads. We have a MacPro at home, and that's where we both sync our idevices.

I just created two user accounts on our Mac, so she can sync whatever stuff she has on the Mac to her devices and I have the liberty to do the same too, without running the risk of sync mishaps. I think this is the best way to go about it.
    08-04-2011 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD