Do you obsessively check your smartphone?

Do you obsessively check your smartphone?

• Yes

Votes: 93 86.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

Munky#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep I'm an addict. Some days aren't so bad but that's only when I'm really busy at work and don't have time to get to my phone. But most days, I'm checking way too often.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I DON'T WANT IT and I DON'T NEED IT. Period. Is that clear enough for you? Nothing else matters. I don't see the value - one still has to stop what one's doing to look for the blinking light. As I said, I had it on my BlackBerry and I thought it was worthless (to me) at that time. I disabled it... and ended up with an ugly, non-functional LED on the face of my BlackBerry.

I didn't "pack up shop", I merely stopped pi$$ing into the wind. Can you just accept that (1) not everyone is going to want it; (2) not everyone is going to agree with your position and (3) sometimes, it's just not worth the time/bandwidth to keep jawing about it.

Every time there's an opportunity to mention it, there you are beating the drum extolling the virtues of a LED that "EVERYONE" either wants or will want once it's in the iPhone. I say it's time to just bugger off. When the new iPhone comes out, if it has a LED you can say "I told you so", but I'm still not going to want or use it. If I'm right and it's not there, I'll take the "high road" and not mention it.

You are about 1% of the cell phone population and I'm just glad the new IPhone will have it so everyone, yourself included, can look at it and just say how ugly it is. An LED is just one more form of notifying a user. Isn't that what IPhone users have been b1tching about forever? Piss poor notifications. Other than you thinking an unlit LED is ugly you still haven't given any reasons against it. I could literally sit here and give you a hundred circumstances where it's beneficial. All I'm looking for from you is one negative...just one! Now go pack up and move on.

Last edited:

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
You are about 1% of the cell phone population and I'm just glad the new IPhone will have it so everyone, yourself included, can look at it and just say how ugly it is. An LED is just one more form of notifying a user. Isn't that what IPhone user have been b1tching about forever? Piss poor notifications. Other than you thinking an unlit LED is ugly you still have given no reasons against it. Now go pack up and move on.

Dude why you getting so wound up about a little light? I think you need to see the light lol

Reactions: gdasilva

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Dude why you getting so wound up about a little light? I think you need to see the light lol

This is a forum where things are debated and from day one since I've been here anyone (not only mysellf) who mentions an LED light gets slammed down by these "Appleheads" around here that lights are ugly, someone told me that I don't need one (how the fxck do you know what I need), someone told me lights are only for the hearing impaired. All ridiculous answers. I am lobbying for Apple to make a change and other than some of the those stupid responses I get, I still don't get one legitimate one! I'm open to any negative issues a light would have on the new IPhone but I get none. All I hear is how stupid I am and I'll adjust. Well I could adjust back to black and white TV as well, but why the hell would I want to do that??

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Enough. @dsmith, if you are lobbying for a light - go to Apple. You're not lobbying here, you're just stating your wants.

Everyone else - relax. You don't want lights. We get it.

Right now there is no light so it's a moot issue. Let's not discuss it again. It seems to be a sore spot.

Next person mentioning lights gets edited.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go with no.
I mean their are times when i check it multiple times within a couple minutes, but its usually because I'm in a loud environment and don't always feel if my phone vibrates.

Other than that, it usually just sits somewhere near me all day.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go with no.
I mean their are times when i check it multiple times within a couple minutes, but its usually because I'm in a loud environment and don't always feel if my phone vibrates.

Other than that, it usually just sits somewhere near me all day.

It would be awesome if Apple put something visible on the outside of the phone to visually tell you of a new notification, especially in loud enviroments. I'm not sure what they could do???

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say I'm an addict. I def check my phone 20 to 30 times a day, but only when I am bored (usually at work). If I am busy, and something is keeping me occupied, I go hours without looking at my phone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Try this experiment: Put your phone away for an hour. If you get itchy during that time, you might be a habitual checker.

yeah, so. i am lucky to go 30 minutes without checking.. does that make me a bad person??

HELL. NO.

also, i don't give two $hits if the color indicated that there are no new messages/notifications. i'm gonna check it anyways!

Last edited by a moderator:

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I constantly check for texts. I leave my phone on silent at work so I never know if someone is calling/texting. It's crazy how many times I hit my phone to check. Crazy.

If only Apple could devise some sort of visual signal to alert users of a new notification when the phone is on silent? You know, something we can see without having to unlock the phone. I know. How about they make the IPhone emit something? The phone could emit a little puff of smoke every time something new comes in. That should work.

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm part of the minority then I guess haha. I don't mind not checking my phone for awhile. I'll just leave it in the car a lot of times when I go in to restaurants and such. I like not being available for a little bit. Plus my job doesn't really require that I be constantly connected so that probably adds to it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2