View Poll Results: Do you obsessively check your smartphone?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

93 86.11%
  • No

15 13.89%
    Amen with the LED! It's funny some of the names I see on this list who state they are addicted to constantly checking their phones. However in other posts they bash the idea of an LED on the IPhone because they "don't want to be a slave to their phone". LED=not having to constantly check for new notifications. Very interesting.
    I loved it on my BlackBerry and I want it on my iPhone.... now please.
    07-29-2011 05:50 PM
    I do, but thank God for lockinfo or I'd be spending even more time on my iPhone that I already do... Which is a lot!
    07-29-2011 05:59 PM
    Okay, but do you guys sleep with your phone? I turn off e-mail and alerts, but if someone texts me, I still hear it. And generally have to look.

My excuse for even having it there is I listen to Andrew Johnson to go to sleep.
    I use my iPhone as my work pager (on call every other month), so yes... my wife and I sleep with my iPhone.
    07-29-2011 06:14 PM
    I do all the time. I can't go anywhere without my ip4.
    07-29-2011 06:56 PM
    Feels like a meme for me.

PUT AWAY IPHONE. CHECK IF I HAVE ANY MESSAGES.
    Smartphones will be the bane of our existence.
    07-29-2011 07:19 PM
    I thought that I was the only one. I got it bad.
    07-29-2011 08:41 PM
    While *I'm* not an "addict", my wife and son sure are. It drives me nuts some times!
    07-29-2011 11:25 PM
    I don't like the idea of a LED... but I also don't consider myself a "slave" to my phone... but explain this to me: how does the LED change anything? Aren't you constantly LOOKING at the LED to see if you have any notifications? Perhaps it would make one more of a slave to his/her phone... Very interesting, indeed.
    You couldn't be further from the truth. You see the light blinking...you have a missed notification. No light blinking...no reason to unlock and check the phone. Pretty simple. It's funny how people keep debating about a light??? A light that will be there anyway and a light no one has a good reason YET should not be there. Very very interesting.
    Last edited by dsmith3427; 07-30-2011 at 10:03 AM.
    07-30-2011 09:53 AM
    I loved it on my BlackBerry and I want it on my iPhone.... now please.
    It will be there soon and everyone who argues against it (still blows my mind because not one person has given one good reason against it other than "I think its's ugly") will be talking about how great an addition it is.
    07-30-2011 09:56 AM
    Yes I check mine all the time, and yes it would be nice if the it incorporates some sort of visual LED notification alert.
    07-30-2011 10:37 AM
    It will be there soon and everyone who argues against it (still blows my mind because not one person has given one good reason against it other than "I think its's ugly") will be talking about how great an addition it is.
    Not "everyone ... will be talking about how great an addition it is". I'll never see the need/value. I had one on my BlackBerry and the first thing I did was disable it. I'm tired of arguing about it... but stop with the "everyone will..." stuff. NOT everyone will. Hank, out.
    07-30-2011 12:12 PM
    Not "everyone ... will be talking about how great an addition it is". I'll never see the need/value. I had one on my BlackBerry and the first thing I did was disable it. I'm tired of arguing about it... but stop with the "everyone will..." stuff. NOT everyone will. Hank, out.
    I guess I'm still waiting for one legit reason not to have it. Something no one including yourself has provided other than to be argumentitive about it. In another thread where the LED was being discussed you did the same thing...once really confronted on why it shouldn't be there, you packed up shop and used the excuse you're tired of talking about it. I'm sure when it comes up again in another thread you will jump right back in until you find it convenient to "become tired of talking about" again.
    07-30-2011 02:40 PM
    I guess I'm still waiting for one legit reason not to have it. Something no one including yourself has provided other than to be argumentitive about it. In another thread where the LED was being discussed you did the same thing...once really confronted on why it shouldn't be there, you packed up shop and used the excuse you're tired of talking about it. I'm sure when it comes up again in another thread you will jump right back in until you find it convenient to "become tired of talking about" again.
    I DON'T WANT IT and I DON'T NEED IT. Period. Is that clear enough for you? Nothing else matters. I don't see the value - one still has to stop what one's doing to look for the blinking light. As I said, I had it on my BlackBerry and I thought it was worthless (to me) at that time. I disabled it... and ended up with an ugly, non-functional LED on the face of my BlackBerry.

I didn't "pack up shop", I merely stopped pi$$ing into the wind. Can you just accept that (1) not everyone is going to want it; (2) not everyone is going to agree with your position and (3) sometimes, it's just not worth the time/bandwidth to keep jawing about it.

Every time there's an opportunity to mention it, there you are beating the drum extolling the virtues of a LED that "EVERYONE" either wants or will want once it's in the iPhone. I say it's time to just bugger off. When the new iPhone comes out, if it has a LED you can say "I told you so", but I'm still not going to want or use it. If I'm right and it's not there, I'll take the "high road" and not mention it.
    BLiNK and gdasilva like this.
    07-30-2011 03:06 PM
    gdasilva likes this.
    07-30-2011 03:42 PM
    Hi everyone, I'm Kyle Natoli and I'm a habitual smart phone checker.
    07-30-2011 03:48 PM
    Stop it, man... you're killing me! LOL
    07-30-2011 04:04 PM
    Yep I'm an addict. Some days aren't so bad but that's only when I'm really busy at work and don't have time to get to my phone. But most days, I'm checking way too often.
    07-30-2011 08:56 PM
    I DON'T WANT IT and I DON'T NEED IT. Period. Is that clear enough for you? Nothing else matters. I don't see the value - one still has to stop what one's doing to look for the blinking light. As I said, I had it on my BlackBerry and I thought it was worthless (to me) at that time. I disabled it... and ended up with an ugly, non-functional LED on the face of my BlackBerry.

I didn't "pack up shop", I merely stopped pi$$ing into the wind. Can you just accept that (1) not everyone is going to want it; (2) not everyone is going to agree with your position and (3) sometimes, it's just not worth the time/bandwidth to keep jawing about it.

Every time there's an opportunity to mention it, there you are beating the drum extolling the virtues of a LED that "EVERYONE" either wants or will want once it's in the iPhone. I say it's time to just bugger off. When the new iPhone comes out, if it has a LED you can say "I told you so", but I'm still not going to want or use it. If I'm right and it's not there, I'll take the "high road" and not mention it.
    You are about 1% of the cell phone population and I'm just glad the new IPhone will have it so everyone, yourself included, can look at it and just say how ugly it is. An LED is just one more form of notifying a user. Isn't that what IPhone users have been b1tching about forever? **** poor notifications. Other than you thinking an unlit LED is ugly you still haven't given any reasons against it. I could literally sit here and give you a hundred circumstances where it's beneficial. All I'm looking for from you is one negative...just one! Now go pack up and move on.
    Last edited by dsmith3427; 07-30-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    07-30-2011 09:10 PM
    You are about 1% of the cell phone population and I'm just glad the new IPhone will have it so everyone, yourself included, can look at it and just say how ugly it is. An LED is just one more form of notifying a user. Isn't that what IPhone user have been b1tching about forever? **** poor notifications. Other than you thinking an unlit LED is ugly you still have given no reasons against it. Now go pack up and move on.
    Dude why you getting so wound up about a little light? I think you need to see the light lol
    gdasilva likes this.
    07-30-2011 09:14 PM
    Dude why you getting so wound up about a little light? I think you need to see the light lol
    This is a forum where things are debated and from day one since I've been here anyone (not only mysellf) who mentions an LED light gets slammed down by these "Appleheads" around here that lights are ugly, someone told me that I don't need one (how the fxck do you know what I need), someone told me lights are only for the hearing impaired. All ridiculous answers. I am lobbying for Apple to make a change and other than some of the those stupid responses I get, I still don't get one legitimate one! I'm open to any negative issues a light would have on the new IPhone but I get none. All I hear is how stupid I am and I'll adjust. Well I could adjust back to black and white TV as well, but why the hell would I want to do that??
    Last edited by dsmith3427; 07-30-2011 at 10:56 PM.
    07-30-2011 09:31 PM
    Enough. @dsmith, if you are lobbying for a light - go to Apple. You're not lobbying here, you're just stating your wants.

Everyone else - relax. You don't want lights. We get it.

Right now there is no light so it's a moot issue. Let's not discuss it again. It seems to be a sore spot.

Next person mentioning lights gets edited.
    07-30-2011 11:09 PM

this too funny!!!
    07-31-2011 02:57 PM
    My name is Danny. I am an addict and I subscribed to this thread.
    07-31-2011 07:40 PM
    I don't know if it's that I'm checking it or that I just like looking at it now that I have the white one!
    07-31-2011 10:57 PM
    Great,I like it very much.
    08-01-2011 01:59 AM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD