How to Sync Only Music with another iTunes Library

Qfanvnaa

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone4. My laptop was recently re-formatted. I downloaded a whole new whack of mp3's to my laptop and want to now sync it with my iPhone. In iTunes I check the "Sync Music" checkbox and hit "Apply". I get a warning message saying that I am using another iTunes library and that everything on my iPhone will be erased and synced with the new library. I don't mind erasing my iPhone music and syncing with the new library. I don't however want to erase my apps, notes, calendar, etc.

Note that my iPhone is jail broken so I can't login to my iTunes account and transfer purchases.

If I click "OK" will it just sync the music or will it also delete my apps, calendar, notes, etc?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Make sure "Manually manage music and videos" is checked...then simply make changes to the iPhone, when/if it prompts you to replace the music on the iPhone, and you don't mind it replacing the music, click yes or apply or whatever it tells you to do...if you don't want it to sync apps or anything else, just make sure those sync boxes are not checked.

Just out of curiosity...what does your iPhone being jailbroken have to do with logging into your iTunes account and transferring purchases?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro