Google Music Beta

RConcheiro#AC

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been searching and couldn't find a good thread that educated on this subject, so I decided to create one that could help benefit others as well as myself.

I received my Google Music Beta invite yesterday, I have uploaded all my music and have been using it and love it so far. I know right now there is not a official app except to create a app from Safari and use that. My question is do you think there will be an app that will be like a music player kind of like iPod except for the Google Music Beta? Or do you think it will interfere with Apple's iCloud and won't get approved, and if that's the case do you think someone will create an app for Cydia for it?

Any information or knowledge on this would greatly be appreciated.

KrispyKrink

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't hold my breath over a true iOS app for Google Music. There's quite a few Google apps that wont be coming to iOS as they'll face the same denial that Google Voice did. GMail and Google Maps are just two that wont be coming.

Part of this stems from the App Store rule that in app purchasing be taken out unless you allow Apple to have a 30% cut. Once Google Music is out of beta it will be more like a music store as well. Thus, Google's goal is to use HTML 5 web apps. Google's eBook/Reader app is now HTML 5 ready with the store intact, Amazon has moved to HTML 5 web app Kindle Store/reader too. This results in compatibility across any device so long as its browser is HTML 5 standards compliant.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77