Help with iPhone and 2 computers

crwmlw#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I have the Verizon iPhone with an iMac and Macbook. When I first purchased the iPhone (out of town) I had my macbook with me, so when I activated it etc I synced it with my Macbook. Now My iPad, daughters iPod and wifes iPhone are synced to the iMac, there are apps that were purchased on there devices that I would like on mine. Is there a way to add my iPhone (Jailbroken) to the iMac instead of the macbook without losing everything? Basically switching computers without losing all the data, music etc because it is jailbroken? Thanks a lot

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
All you have to do is authorize your Macbook for the same iTunes account you have on the iMac to get the apps downloaded on the iMac.

crwmlw#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

My wife has the macbook with her now, Will this apply if the apps were downloaded from the app store directly from the other devices? I really never buy the app from iTunes on the mac, rather from the device itself. iPod, iPhone, iPad etc. Also Im thinking of selling the macbook, if thats the case how easy would it be to sync my iPhone to the iMac without losing everything? Thanks so much

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the macbook with her now, Will this apply if the apps were downloaded from the app store directly from the other devices? I really never buy the app from iTunes on the mac, rather from the device itself. iPod, iPhone, iPad etc.

Also Im thinking of selling the macbook, if thats the case how easy would it be to sync my iPhone to the iMac without losing everything? Thanks so much

As long as the apps are bought under the same iTunes account, the answer is yes.

As for synching your device with a different computer, I don't think so. Trying to sync it with a different computer (regardless of the iTunes account or PC/iTunes account authorization) will cause it to be wiped and loaded with the stuff from the new computer, as far as I know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711