Back with the iPhone 4

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I did the same thing back when the Evo came out thinking it would actually be better than the i4.. Needless to say once I saw the difference in camera, video recording quality, video chat, etc .. I came running back to the i4 within weeks..

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have went from the iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4 -> HTC inspire -> Motorola Atrix -> Samsung infuse 4G and then back to the iPhone 4. I loved the screen the most on the infuse, I was able to find app alternatives to all of my favorite apps and overall all the user experience was good "I miss having a back button and google nab integration." However in the end I returned to the iPhone 4 with no regrets, iPhone has superior battery life, and the apps have a much better level of polish. It just works, and iOS will level the notifications playing field. Welcome back to your iPhone OP!

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the first generation iPhone before I got the iPhone 4 but before that, I was really considering buying a BlackBerry Bold because of BBM and the fact that all the kids is school rocked one. After talking to majority of my friends and family about the BlackBerry, they all gave negative feedback, which usually renders as something important. So what did I do? I waited a couple of months and when it finally came out in June, I chose the iPhone 4, of course. I'm glad I made the right choice as well. All of my friends are buy iPhones now and with iMessage hitting all idevices in the Fall, we can all be connected instantly, just like BBM'ers.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an inspire a few weeks ago to see what all the android hoopla was about. After 3 weeks I'm selling it and going back to my i4. It's buggy, the loudspeaker is not good at all, and the battery life is the worst I've seen. Ughhh. Never leaving iOS again.

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
First smartphone was an Apple iPhone and my last will be an Apple iPhone. Can't top the iPhone even if it takes 50+ models running various version of Andriod and Blackberry lol

Loyal fanboy as they call it

iMalum

Jul 21, 2011
iphonechroniclr.wordpress.com
Yup. I see it happen a lot. Two of my coworkers had the iPhone 3GS, but then got the Motorola Droid because someone convinced them it was so much better. I, being a true-blue iPhone user, told them they were making a mistake.

They had their Droids for a few months until the whirlwind began to fade. They were reluctant to tell me this (because they didn't want to hear "I told you so."), but my other coworkers filled me in. One of the Droid coworkers would ask to use my iPhone to play games, or would ask me to look something up cause they didn't want to bother doing it with their Droids. Droid does?

Anyway, after less than 6 months they were back with the iPhone --the iPhone 4.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and an Iphone 4. Over the last two days I have swapped SIM cards like 6 times trying to decide on which I want to use. Simplicity VS customization. Stability vs Raw power. 3.5 inch screen vs 4.3 inch screen. Ugh.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and an Iphone 4. Over the last two days I have swapped SIM cards like 6 times trying to decide on which I want to use. Simplicity VS customization. Stability vs Raw power. 3.5 inch screen vs 4.3 inch screen. Ugh.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is definitely a nice phone, however, it's true competitor is going to be the iPhone5.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Heh, I too am just coming back from other phones. Though I've been constantly switching OS' for a year or so now. I feel this time will be a bit more permanent, but who knows.

I mainly used webOS and my main device, but i have to say they are just to slow to get on the ball. Waiting on the Pre3 has taken way to long, lack of way to many apps, and I'm getting a little sick of the slider form factor (i don't hate it, its ehhh).
Don't get me wrong its definitely my favorite OS thats out there, but the other factors seem to weigh that one out.

jiggaman2g

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My head must really be in the weeds then...I went back to blackberry not even Android lol but non the less I'm back on the ip4.

KarrieLyne

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you. I bought into the whole Android thing and switched to Verizon to get on board. Never again. I had so many problems with the droid phones. Went through 6 phones and then Verizon finally let me out of my contract after 3 months. I gladly went back to AT&T and my iPhone and I will be an iPhoner for life!! :D

I can't believe I ever switched, but lesson learned for sure!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I went from being with Blackberry for years and then a brief time with a Droid phone. I have been tempted a little by the new Blackberry phones only because sometimes I do miss the physical keyboard. I don't think I could ever switch back though. When I make a list of positives and negatives for each phone it is not even close. My iPhone 4 wins every time. It just works and with IOS 5 coming out soon it will be that much better.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I went from years of using Blackberry's to giving the iPhone 4 a try. I loved it but I thought I would give Android a try being it was being pushed so hard.

I had the Galaxy S and then the Moto Atrix as well as an ASUS tablet. Android and custom roms are fun to mess with, but once that gets boring you are left with a laggy, buggy os. Sure, the hardware is the "latest and greatest", but it really doesn't matter when the OS running on it is buggy and loaded with bloat.

I am now back to iPhone 4 (running a certain beta OS which shall remain unnamed) and I couldn't be happier. All I am going to say is that if you like your iPhone and iOS, you are REALLY going to be happy come September. :)

---
- Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I just switched back from a HTC Inpsire. It was a great phone and android is a pretty decent OS as far as customizing it the way you see fit. However, the speaker was horrible GPS was buggy as all hell and I had a few other problems as well. Needless to say customer service for AT&T is horrible so I switched back to my iPhone 4. I'm going to miss the huge screen for reading and watching videos but, it feels so good to have a phone that works! And when my iPhone has a problem I just head to the Apple store for customer service! From now on it's iPhones for me!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR