I currently have a DROID Incredible, and in the coming weeks I have to get a new phone because of reasons i don't want to say. I am looking at either the White Verizon iPhone 4 or the HTC Thunderbolt. Right now I am leaning towards the iPhone 4. I have had an iPod Touch for like 3 years and an iPad for 4 months. I want it because the iPhone 4 is a hell of a lot faster than my iPod Touch, and it would be great to have basically a 3G iPod Touch. Would anybody reccomend it? I don't have time to wait for the iPhone 5.
    07-21-2011 07:53 PM
    Definately if you already have an ipad and ipod touch. This would complement the family. Especially with iOS 5 around the corner, the iCloud feature will bring everything together like nothing else.
    07-21-2011 08:28 PM
    Just do it! The iPhone 4 is a no brainer! My friend use to sell phones. He told me that the Thunderbolt was having major issues with auto rebooting, freezing, not keeping a 3G/4G signal, and God awful battery life. He said they were always getting returned. Google just pushed out an update to try to fix the rebooting. But the IPhone 4 rarely came back as a return.
    rosser likes this.
    07-21-2011 10:02 PM
    No-one here will tell you to NOT go iPhone. This is a forum dedicated to it after all.

Read some of the threads of users like I and others have posted about themselves being long-time Android users turned apple users have to say.

Each device has it's own Pro's and Con's
    Here is a great thread that we covered the differences in: http://forums.tipb.com/verizon-iphon...cant-do-3.html

You're giving up features to gain features. Just depends on how important those features are to you!
    CG68 likes this.
    07-22-2011 07:10 AM
    The post above is correct. You won't get too many folks telling you NOT to switch here. This forum is for the iPhone and Apple products over all so it makes sense they'll defend their choice. I WILL submit to you however the Thunderbolt has a myriad of problems like the reboots and poor battery. BUT.... That is almost to be expected (poor battery life) as it is a true 4G handset that has the absolute fastest data speeds out there.

Best way to resolve this for yourself, go to your nearest Verizon store. Play with both handsets for about 30 min to hr a piece. They won't mind so just take your time and see what warms the cockles of your heart the most. You won't be able to get stuff from the market or app store as they have that disabled in the demo units. When you get a warm fuzzy feeling playing with one of these phones, check your bank acct balance (they both are expensive), then enjoy your new phone.
    rosser likes this.
    07-22-2011 09:17 AM
    I find that removing myself from all the forums and tech blogs helps quite a bit. Pick a device and see if you like it for yourself you know. Whenever i read all this tech stuff i can't make my mind, it feels like the grass is greener somewhere else but def. not where you are.
    07-22-2011 11:47 AM
    I'll get the iPhone then. I also feel like Android isn't stable enough for me. Plus I don't have to root the iPhone to get it the way I want it. I think I'm gonna go for the White 16 GB one on Verizon. Can't wait for iOS 5 and iCloud too!
    07-22-2011 04:50 PM
    No-one here will tell you to NOT go iPhone. This is a forum dedicated to it after all.

Read some of the threads of users like I and others have posted about themselves being long-time Android users turned apple users have to say.

Each device has it's own Pro's and Con's
    Here is a great thread that we covered the differences in: http://forums.tipb.com/verizon-iphon...cant-do-3.html

You're giving up features to gain features. Just depends on how important those features are to you!
    +1 I have had Blackberries, Android OS based phones, and now the Iphone. There are pros/cons to all of the platforms and as been stated above just go into the store and play around with the phones. You can always return the phone within 14 days and exchange it but there will be a restocking fee.
    07-22-2011 05:18 PM
    I personally have never regretted making the switch to iPhone and Apple products in general! Top notch quality and usability! However, what's good for one isn't always good for the other. I'm sure you won't regret your decision!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    07-23-2011 11:38 AM
    I'll get the iPhone then. I also feel like Android isn't stable enough for me. Plus I don't have to root the iPhone to get it the way I want it. I think I'm gonna go for the White 16 GB one on Verizon. Can't wait for iOS 5 and iCloud too!
    While you wont have to ROOT your ip4, i does not at this moment have some of the capabilities of the other two. Not sure how attached you are to notifications and such.

But if you feel you need some of these things a quick Jail Break may be for you (much easier to do and undo) than a root on most android phones. This will give you a boatload more features. (including a the best android feature worse battery life ) On my ip4 anyway, not sure if it's the case for all.

I have not regretted for ONE moment making the switch, i was a LONG time BB user and a short time android user.
    07-23-2011 12:54 PM
    Making the switch to the iPhone 4 will be a decision that you'll come to love. Especially already owning Apple products, you'll be able to sync all your devices seamlessly.

Definitely a no-brain er.
    07-24-2011 12:17 AM
    Why not wait another month or two for the iphone 5?
    07-24-2011 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD