So everything is going great ever since I purchased my iPhone. All updates done to the phone and iTunes.

Until yesterday when I loaded the new iTunes. Now it takes forever to even get to "step 1 of 5" and once there iTunes locks up. It also slows down my computer to a point I have to cancel the sync from the iPhone side. I even have to hit task manager (yes windows) to "end task" iTunes.

Any help would be nice ,,, other than buy a Mac <-- that's on its way.
    07-21-2011 09:51 AM
    I would just reinstall itunes. Sounds more like a computer issue than a phone issue.
    07-21-2011 04:29 PM
    So everything is going great ever since I purchased my iPhone. All updates done to the phone and iTunes.

Until yesterday when I loaded the new iTunes. Now it takes forever to even get to "step 1 of 5" and once there iTunes locks up. It also slows down my computer to a point I have to cancel the sync from the iPhone side. I even have to hit task manager (yes windows) to "end task" iTunes.

Any help would be nice ,,, other than buy a Mac <-- that's on its way.
    This happened many and many times on my windows PC. Now that I have a Mac, has not happened once. iTunes and windows dont get along if you ask me,
    07-21-2011 04:51 PM
    I've had lots of problems with Windows 7 and iTunes crashing my entire system and needing a force reboot. HOWEVER, somewhere along the way in this MOST frustrating sequence of events, a message came up on iTunes that my iPhone/iPad needed to be unlocked before it was hooked up to the computer. Ever since I've been doing this, all has worked smoothly (knock on wood). Maybe there's some secret in this???
    07-21-2011 07:27 PM
    If your Windows is 64 bit that may be the cause. I know my brother was able to install the wrong iTunes verison on his Windows computer and had iTunes always hanging.

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling.

If all else fails fork out the better experience with a Mac
    07-21-2011 08:49 PM
    Thanks guys for all the info. The problem started when I updated iTunes to this newest version. Before that, no problems at all. It just worked.....everyday.

That being said, I just re-installed iTunes and will try the "unlock" method on my next attempt. Which will happen shortly and I'm done typing this. Don't want it to lock my system (32 bit) before I hit "post".
    07-22-2011 12:45 AM
    Nothing, It locked up at step 1 of 5.

I will try it on a different machine to see if that helps. The other machine does not have iTunes at all and never has. But we will see.
    07-22-2011 12:56 AM
    Did you try 10.4?
    07-22-2011 12:15 PM
    That was with 10.4 installed.
    07-22-2011 06:08 PM
    Been using a different machine to sync lately. went back to machine with original problem and it hangs at step 1.

any suggestions?
    07-24-2011 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD