Why apple's devices doesn't have adobe flash on it?

Can anybody answer my doubt.
    07-20-2011 09:41 PM
    Because Steve Jobs said so.

Steve Jobs' Thoughts on Flash
    gdasilva likes this.
    07-20-2011 09:44 PM
    To start up another forum argument about it...
    07-20-2011 10:18 PM
    He could have just said "we don't want to pay" and saved everyone a lot of reading.
    Ip.fanboy and gdasilva like this.
    07-20-2011 10:31 PM
    Old subject, but Apple and Jobs believe this will harm iPhone performance, stability and battery life, and also introduce security holes.
    07-25-2011 05:21 AM
    It doesn't because Adobe hasn't made any versions of Flash worth using.
    07-25-2011 08:36 AM
    "Adobe had failed to release a suitable version of Flash for the iPhone and other mobile platforms, so Digital Playground targeted HTML5 as its mobile delivery platform. Adobe is now nearing the official release of its Flash player for Android, but Ali Joone, the founder and director of Digital Playground, "indicated that it is rather irrelevant to him whether Android will support Flash or not," according to the report.

"Mobile browsers run HTML 5 very well," Joone said. "Flash brings everything to a crawl and has an impact on battery life. With HTML 5, there is no reason to show our content in Flash."

Link: http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic...for_html5.html

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    07-25-2011 09:10 AM
    I can only imagine how often it would need to be patched on a mobile device. It seems that there is an update every other day for my pc that addresses some security flaw or issue.
    07-26-2011 01:03 PM
    I can only imagine how often it would need to be patched on a mobile device. It seems that there is an update every other day for my pc that addresses some security flaw or issue.
    Other mobile platforms manage it fine so I doubt it would be much of an issue. Support for other file types also introduces security risks and most of those are not as widely used as flash (pdf for example).
    07-30-2011 05:57 PM
    I didn't think Flash ran that well on my Nexus, but I suppose it was handy at times. But it did slow down the browser (at least on the sites I visited), and it did impact battery life. I can say that 99% of the time, I don't miss it, so it's not a deal breaker for me by any stretch. I'd rather websites just use HTML5 and provide a mobile site. But that is just my opinion of course.
    07-30-2011 07:20 PM
    IMO flash is nothing but a nuisance and hinderance. Most 'good' websites will be on HTML 5 anyways. Just an add on that would hold the iDevices back. Jobs has made a good call on this one.
    07-30-2011 09:43 PM
    Yeah I hope HTML5 becomes even more mainstream with the web going more mobile each year.
    07-31-2011 07:08 AM
    download the browser photon it supports flash on the iphone..
    11-13-2011 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD