Warning: If You Replace Your iPhone You May Get One On 4.3.4

iaddict_

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
***Update on how I downgraded to iOS 4.3.3***

Yesterday I spent way too much time trying to downgrade my firmware even though I knew I was basically screwed. I woke up today and just had a thought that I hadn't tried. First off, I opened my host files and deleted anything that had Apple in it. For example, I deleted the 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com line in the host files. Then I restarted my computer. And launched iTunes and then plugged my phone into the USB. I put my phone in DFU mode. Make sure you put your phone in DFU mode and not recovery mode. If you the the iTunes logo with the USB port then you are in recovery mode. You want your iPhone screen to be completely blank and then iTunes will come up with a popup saying that your phone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored. Then simply click the restore button while pressing shift and select the 4.3.3 firmware (you'll need to download it if you do not already have it). I was able to downgrade like this and didn't encounter any errors. If you do receive errors 1011, 1013, or 1015 don't worry. You'll just need to kick your device out of recovery mode.

I guess Apple is still signing 4.3.3 or maybe the jailbreak Gods were just kind to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the battery on my iPhone 4 completely died and I got a replacement today. Unfortunately, I was busy so I had to get my mom to take it in for me. Long story short I got a new iPhone but it was on 4.3.4. I'm not sure if all the iPhones they had would be on 4.3.4 or if it was just my luck. Maybe the employee updated my OS when he was activating the phone. So just a heads up to all of those who rely/can't live without your jailbreak.

Personally, I have always jailbroken my iPhone but I don't want to rely on a tethered jailbreak so I'll probably have to wait until iOS 5 or a untethered jailbreak which I don't think will be released anytime soon.

Also, a side note. Apparently my mom asked if I could get a white iPhone instead on a black one since she knew I preferred the white one. The Apple employee said that the first week the white iPhone came out a lot of people came in and said they had problems with their black iPhone and asked if they could get a white one. Obviously a lot of people started abusing this policy and now you can only get whatever device you had. Only exception is if they are out of stock.

Last edited:

iaddict_

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
It just basically patches the .pdf exploit, nothing else.

I've never gone this long (5 plus hours) without a jailbroken phone and so far I actually don't really miss having a jailbreak. Of course I miss my themes but various tweaks like SBSettings but I can get used to this.

I just wish I could SSH into my phone to change the audio files of a few apps like Beejive. If I could do that - change the tones in certain apps - I may actually consider not jailbreaking.

And I agree I think the employee updated it - can't be upset maybe he wanted to help out. Just wish I was still on 4.3.3.

Meh, it could be worse.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This happens every time. Apple is very quick to update the OS on their refurbished and new phones.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner