1. NegroNapoleon's Avatar
    I currently have a 9650 and its starting to crap out on me... i've already gotten it replaced with a refurb since I have insurance and yet it has since been a nightmare in some cases. For instance the performance on the device has gotten EXTREMELY slow despite multiple battery pulls, device memory clearings, and application reloading... Additionally now the phone will randomly restart anywhere at any time without warning. It may occur every 3-4 hours or it may occur sometimes three times in an hour... Its starting to drive me crazy... I want to wait for the new Apple device but since I've been sitting on an upgrade for over 7-8 months now, I'm wondering if there is ANYTHING i can do to get the iphone and not use my upgrade...

    Any suggestions? I know its a stretch but if anyone has success please feel free to slide me a few nuggets of info.

    Thanks TiPb.
    07-16-2011 12:40 AM
  2. Peligro911's Avatar
    Not gonna happen not for a iPhone people try all the time you can upgrade to a Certified pre owned and with save you some money if you have had enough replacements and your device is retired sometimes they will replace it with a similar model that you have
    07-16-2011 01:10 AM
  3. Fausty82's Avatar
    I currently have a 9650 and its starting to crap out on me... i've already gotten it replaced with a refurb since I have insurance and yet it has since been a nightmare in some cases. For instance the performance on the device has gotten EXTREMELY slow despite multiple battery pulls, device memory clearings, and application reloading... Additionally now the phone will randomly restart anywhere at any time without warning. It may occur every 3-4 hours or it may occur sometimes three times in an hour... Its starting to drive me crazy... I want to wait for the new Apple device but since I've been sitting on an upgrade for over 7-8 months now, I'm wondering if there is ANYTHING i can do to get the iphone and not use my upgrade...

    Any suggestions? I know its a stretch but if anyone has success please feel free to slide me a few nuggets of info.

    Thanks TiPb.
    Sure there is. Pay full price. Buy on eBay. Buy on CraigsList. But very doubtful that you can get one from either AT&T or VZW without burning your upgrade.
    07-16-2011 01:15 AM
  4. CG68's Avatar
    What I did was buy my IPhone 4 on Craigslist. I sold my 9650 on CL and I just sold my Droid X on Ebay to offset the cost of buying the IPhone. I'm eligible for an upgrade too and have been for several months but I would rather stay off contract for now. So try checking on CL/Ebay if you don't want to use your upgrade.
    07-16-2011 01:20 AM
  5. ubuntudroid's Avatar
    I'd go with CG68's advice. Finding an iPhone 4 that someone is selling would help keep your upgrade option free. I just got the 4 a few weeks back and am not too worried about not being able to get the 5 or whatever it will be when its released. The 4 is an amazing device.
    07-16-2011 05:16 PM
  6. korp#IM's Avatar
    I would get the 4 and then be ready for the 6. The 5 won't be much different so who cares.
    07-16-2011 07:20 PM
  7. anon4705295's Avatar
    I went through 6 replacement blackberry tours (trackball issues mostly) and they wouldn't even let me get the 9650 instead, so there's no way Verizon will let you get the iPhone without using the upgrade. You can get iPhones from other sources, as others suggested, though. That's probably your best option.
    07-16-2011 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD