First couple of times, i attributed it to something i was doing while messing with winterboard (though even then, i was still curious what was going on)...but the third times the charm, and was wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Basically, it has happened while using my iPhone heavily, normal usage and zero usage, but always while the phone is tethered...i'll notice my internet connection gone (web page keys me into that), i'll check out the phone and the blue bar is missing...then when i check the settings, the option to select "personal hotspot" is missing from the grid, and even further, i'll get into network settings and the other hotspot tab will just be a blank bar with a spinning "thinking" icon.

3 times in 2 weeks...makes me curious if this is something funky with the phone, perhaps something common (i searched but didn't find anything outside people complaining of the same issue with no real 'fix'). The symptom fixes itself with a soft reset, but it is kind of annoying, and i'd be interested to see if anyone else has experienced this.
    07-15-2011 11:20 AM
    thanks for sharing
    Quality post right there! *le sigh*
    07-15-2011 03:29 PM
    Quality post right there! *le sigh*
    Yep... another one just treading water til he gets to #10

and we have liftoff.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 07-15-2011 at 03:40 PM.
    07-15-2011 03:31 PM
    It happened again a few minutes ago, but this time the blue stripe was still on the screen...but the phone wouldn't respond to inputs of any kind. I just made an apple store appointment for this weekend, phone is still under warranty so no reason to stress the why...its obvious an issue so i'll let them replace it and they can figure out what's wrong with it, lol.
    07-15-2011 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD