Otterbox defender for white Iphone 4

Inferno

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got bought my white Iphone 4 and i wanted to get the otterbox defender universal case but ive heared rummors that the defender case isnt compatible with the iphone 4 can anyone confirm this? please and thanks.

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
OtterBox's website states the Defender is not compatible with the white iPhone 4, but their other cases are. I'm not sure what the difference is between the black and white iPhone 4 (other than color obviously), but apparently there is enough of difference the Defender won't fit.

The OtterBox's I've owned in the past fit very snugly, so it might be an issue of a small difference in physical dimensions between the two colors. That's just an educated guess though.

mickel0357

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The defender case interferes with the proximity sensor on the white iPhone..... They had to put a different sensor in the white ones is what I've heard.....

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
The defender case interferes with the proximity sensor on the white iPhone..... They had to put a different sensor in the white ones is what I've heard.....

That's the problem. The iP4 will physically fit in the OBD but the Prox Sensor in the White iP4 has a hard time working for some reason.

They have had some problems with the Black iP4 as well. I was having that prob with my Black iP4 and my Defender but fixed it by removing the built-in screen protector of the Defender and then putting an Anti-Glare screen protector on my iP4. No more Prox Sensor problem! :cool:

You kinda hate to do a DIY on a $50 case but if you really want the OBD, it works. I have sense started using the OB Commuter for my everyday case, but I still love the Defender for those "Heavy-Duty" days. ;)

Purple4

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
It will fit. I have th white iphone 4, but it will be a snug fit. As far as the sensor is concern we fixed it at the AT&T store. At the tope of the case is a clear film which throws the sensor off. Pull the film off and it will work.You must keep the top sensor free of the phone clear of any interference.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
as stated above, just pull the sensor off the top near the camera and you will be good to go. for those that think theirs works without mods, make a call and cover the sensor, nothing happens. take the phone out of the case and repeat. the phone display will turn off. i had the defender but took it back, the build quality of it was crap. squeaked everywhere and the silicone skin was very loose. for 50 bucks i expect better.

Reactions: gdasilva

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2