Screen Not Turning Horizontally?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
tonight for about 10 minutes my phone screen would not turn horizontally and it was stuck vertically and would not change when i turned the phone. and yes i checked if i had the lock on to only make it stay one way and it was turned off. if i kept turning my phone and after about 10-15 mins later i checked back again and it went back to normal. anybody experienced this or know anything about it?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
does anyone have any ideas why this would of happened and how come it went back to normal after 15 minutes or so? I had my text messages open the whole time this was going on. is this something i should be worried about?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So it's working now?

I wouldn't put much stress into it if it's working fine now, unless you're close to the end of the warranty or something on it...sometimes the phone just gets glitchy, it's not a common thing with the iPhone 4 (be glad you don't use an Android based phone if these kind of things cause your blood pressure to spike, lol). I've had issues sometimes where the screen wont adjust, especially when watching videos from online (ESPN is notorious for this with their quicktime plug ins). If it happens again, close out the app and go back in it, see if it fixes immediately...if not, take it back and get a replacement...some phones are just troublesome across the spectrum, luckily Apple has no problem fully replacing them when you go into the store.

iMalum

Jul 21, 2011
iphonechroniclr.wordpress.com
I'm gonna have to agree with @SeanHRCC. I've had this happen to me once with my iPhone 4, and I believe another time with my old 3GS. If your iPhone is still under warranty (i.e. if it's been less than a year since the date of purchase, or if you purchased AppleCare with the iPhone), then it couldn't hurt to get it checked out at the Genius Bar. Although, I wouldn't stress it too much if it's working fine now.

Whenever I encounter a glitch with my iPhone, I usually give it a restart. You can do this by holding down the sleep/wake button and the home-screen button at the same time until you get the black screen with the white Apple logo.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox