White Iphone 4 issues

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got a white iphone 4 today from apple online. It has a horrible yellow tint to it, almost like a brown on the white backgrounds. Should I make an appointment with the genius' at apple? All I can say is I am really picky, and this tint just absolutely disgusts me since I paid $300 for this.
P.S. My black iphone screen is perfect, so I know it's not my eyes lol.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got a white iphone 4 today from apple online. It has a horrible yellow tint to it, almost like a brown on the white backgrounds. Should I make an appointment with the genius' at apple? All I can say is I am really picky, and this tint just absolutely disgusts me since I paid $300 for this.
P.S. My black iphone screen is perfect, so I know it's not my eyes lol.

There was an issue with the both the iPhone 4 and the iPads with yellow-tinted screens at launch time... story was that it was caused by the glue used to fuse the screen to the glass not being completely cured... and in the majority of cases, it cleared up (no pun intended) on its own, as the glue cured. Why not give it a week or so and see if it improves? If it does, great. If not, you can still exchange it...

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Alright. I wasn't sure if it would go away on its own or not. I just notice every white spot is yellow. I'll set the screen to stay on, hopefully it goes away quicker. I will be going out of state for a while this weekend so if I go to apple store I will have to go by friday. Thank you for your help.

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
It didn't go away. Paid $300 deposit so they can send me another phone with the exact same issue. Told them the next ones like it im ordering a refund and not ordering another apple product again. So they sent another, won't get it til mid to late next week. At least the rep was nice about it and told me she will order another model but with a serial # that hasn't been recently made.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It didn't go away. Paid $300 deposit so they can send me another phone with the exact same issue. Told them the next ones like it im ordering a refund and not ordering another apple product again. So they sent another, won't get it til mid to late next week. At least the rep was nice about it and told me she will order another model but with a serial # that hasn't been recently made.

My black iPhone 4 had the tint to it for a few days when i got it and then it just went away and has been perfect ever since...i mean i understand your desire to have a perfectly functioning iPhone any the screen to be quality, but you also only gave it a couple of days, which wasn't really enough time...if your next iPhone has the issue, give it a week or so, it WILL go away...have a little more patience because afterwards, you'll be happy with the retina screen quality.

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Well with Verizon 14 day policy I don't have much time if I wanna not upgrade and refund. If the next ones like it I'll switch to htc incredible 2. I'm ordering from apples website so it's a little tricky. If I decide by day 15 I want to refund then I'm stuck with Verizon contract renewal and no phone. So no time for patience really unless apple buys my contract out so I can renew via Verizon.