Hey,

Fighting off a cold in the middle of summer has made me careless, I guess.

I decided to wipe all the data from my jailbroken Verizon iPhone 4 through the native "Reset" option. I wanted to load 4.2.8.

But now my phone won't boot, it just hangs on the skull/Apple logo while the progress circle endlessly rounds.

Did I just brick my iPhone??? Ugh, hope not, have modded BBs, Androids and jb'd my iPhone, haven't bricked one yet.

Please help!

How do I get out of that hanging boot cycle and load a clean 4.2.8?

Thanks in advance...
    07-11-2011 07:09 PM
    It's pretty hard to brick an iPhone. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes. Then put it into DFU mode and restore.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    07-11-2011 07:22 PM
    It's pretty hard to brick an iPhone. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes. Then put it into DFU mode and restore.

Thanks -- tried that but iTunes won't recognize the phone.

I can get the phone to reboot using power/home but once the apple turns skull/apple, it just sits there with endless progress circle...

PC won't recognize it, nor iTunes.

Any other ideas...?
    07-11-2011 07:25 PM
    Thanks -- tried that but iTunes won't recognize the phone.

I can get the phone to reboot using power/home but once the apple turns skull/apple, it just sits there with endless progress circle...

PC won't recognize it, nor iTunes.

Any other ideas...?
    Oh, okay -- looks like holding "Home" after rebooting while plugged into iTunes has gotten me into "Restore" mode in iTunes, which is now recognizing the phone.

If you're dumb enough to catch a cold in July like I did, don't compound the problem by messing with your phone while you're on cold meds. I wasn't playing with a full deck to begin with... Ugh...
    07-11-2011 07:30 PM
    ^ You should be OK now. I know from my past experience with this, getting the iPhone into DFU mode can take a little while. Now that your iPhone is recognized in iTunes, it should allow you to restore it with no further issue.

EDIT: Hope you feel better soon, I know those summer colds stink.

Last edited by Irish Rose; 07-11-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    07-11-2011 07:35 PM
    Hi! The same thing happened to my jailbroken iPhone 4. When should I hold the home button, when the apple logo appears on the screen or when the skull appears? My phone's been like tis for almost 48 hours now :'(
    05-20-2013 03:50 AM
    Hi! The same thing happened to my jailbroken iPhone 4. When should I hold the home button, when the apple logo appears on the screen or when the skull appears? My phone's been like tis for almost 48 hours now :'(
    Your thread in the jailbreak forum has a bit of guidance for you.

Follow the instructions there to enter DFU mode and you should be alright.
    05-20-2013 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD