I deleted all my data via "Reset" on my jailbroken ViP4 -- now it hangs on skullapple

reyxlp

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Fighting off a cold in the middle of summer has made me careless, I guess.

I decided to wipe all the data from my jailbroken Verizon iPhone 4 through the native "Reset" option. I wanted to load 4.2.8.

But now my phone won't boot, it just hangs on the skull/Apple logo while the progress circle endlessly rounds.

Did I just brick my iPhone??? Ugh, hope not, have modded BBs, Androids and jb'd my iPhone, haven't bricked one yet.

Please help!

How do I get out of that hanging boot cycle and load a clean 4.2.8?

Thanks in advance...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty hard to brick an iPhone. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes. Then put it into DFU mode and restore.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

reyxlp

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty hard to brick an iPhone. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes. Then put it into DFU mode and restore.

Thanks -- tried that but iTunes won't recognize the phone.

I can get the phone to reboot using power/home but once the apple turns skull/apple, it just sits there with endless progress circle...

PC won't recognize it, nor iTunes.

Any other ideas...?

reyxlp

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks -- tried that but iTunes won't recognize the phone.

I can get the phone to reboot using power/home but once the apple turns skull/apple, it just sits there with endless progress circle...

PC won't recognize it, nor iTunes.

Any other ideas...?

Oh, okay -- looks like holding "Home" after rebooting while plugged into iTunes has gotten me into "Restore" mode in iTunes, which is now recognizing the phone.

If you're dumb enough to catch a cold in July like I did, don't compound the problem by messing with your phone while you're on cold meds. I wasn't playing with a full deck to begin with... Ugh...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
^ You should be OK now. I know from my past experience with this, getting the iPhone into DFU mode can take a little while. Now that your iPhone is recognized in iTunes, it should allow you to restore it with no further issue.

EDIT: Hope you feel better soon, I know those summer colds stink.

Last edited:

misseducation

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi! The same thing happened to my jailbroken iPhone 4. When should I hold the home button, when the apple logo appears on the screen or when the skull appears? My phone's been like tis for almost 48 hours now :'(

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi! The same thing happened to my jailbroken iPhone 4. When should I hold the home button, when the apple logo appears on the screen or when the skull appears? My phone's been like tis for almost 48 hours now :'(
Your thread in the jailbreak forum has a bit of guidance for you.

Follow the instructions there to enter DFU mode and you should be alright.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2