Jailbreakme.com issues?

Ladelfm

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I've recently installed the jailbreakme.com exploit on a Verizon iPhone 4 but the phone is experiencing some issues. Mainly resetting itself sometimes, apps are crashing, restarting brings up the loading icon on top of the apple logo. Does anyone else have these issues with jailbreakme.com or using pwnagetool? Any suggestions?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is a known issue with some iPhones after using jailbreakme. Try a soft-reset, if this doesn't help you might have to restore and re-jailbreak.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Would it have to be a clean install then or can I make a backup now and restore from that after I re-jailbreak?

If you already backed your iPhone up before you jailbroke, all you would need to do is restore from an earlier back-up.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
"comex comex
looks like my update messed up verizon iphones"
13 minutes ago

I'd restore, and wait till he fixes it.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with JBM as well, so I went another route to jailbreak.

What method did you choose? Does phone run normal now? I put on JBM first day it was out and have had the reboot issues, freeze issues... It hasn't been bad enough to restore yet, but still somewhat frustrating. I will wait until patch for Verizon's phone and try it. But, if issues persist, I may try another route.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with JBM as well, so I went another route to jailbreak.
This is another good option as well for those that continue to having issues with jailbreakme. There are plenty of good jailbreak sources available out there to use.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I used greenpoison on my iPhone 4 with the first jailbreak and redsn0w with the 2nd. Both of those worked great. I'm still running redsn0w now.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

P@t

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
i JB'ed my Verizon phone Friday night and other than the BiteSMS conflict, everything has been smooth sailing. My battery life isn't like it was before, but all the extra JB items are so good!

To those that had issues with restarts/reboots, did you have BiteSMS installed?

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
i JB'ed my Verizon phone Friday night and other than the BiteSMS conflict, everything has been smooth sailing. My battery life isn't like it was before, but all the extra JB items are so good!

To those that had issues with restarts/reboots, did you have BiteSMS installed?

No, I don't use BiteSMS. Only thing I installed after JBM is MyWi and Winterboard. I originally downloaded 4 themes. After trying 2 of them and phone had issues, I felt it was the themes. I uninstalled the 4 themes I downloaded and still have reboot and freeze issues.

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
No, I don't use BiteSMS. Only thing I installed after JBM is MyWi and Winterboard. I originally downloaded 4 themes. After trying 2 of them and phone had issues, I felt it was the themes. I uninstalled the 4 themes I downloaded and still have reboot and freeze issues.

You need to do a restore and re-jailbreak your phone, comex released a fix for these issues last night and mine runs a lot smoother after I did this.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have JB 4 times utilizing every trick recommended to me using JBMe. And it will not work no matter what.
Without fail it will crash within 10-15 mins of completing the JB.
Right to the apple screen of infinite looping..

So i will be going another route. Congrats to all the Verizon folks who got this to work.

Ladelfm

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that doing a restore of the firmware and restoring from my old pre jailbreak backup, all I had to do was re-jailbreak it with redsnow rc18 and now it works like a charm.

P@t

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
i restored as new phone and re did the Jailbreakme.com. so far so good. no crashes yet, so the update seems to have stuck.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I did like many others. I had JBM and had issues. I restored yesterday to regular 4.2.8 through iTunes, then used redsnOw to jailbreak. Quick and easy... now, NO issues. No freezes, no reboots, no slow down of functions as before. I've installed several themes and tried 4-5 of them over the last 24 hrs. and all is well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh