Itunes cards and iphone

daneg

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
So I am trying to set up an itunes account before i get my iphone which is ok i set up an apple ID, however when i try to sign into itunes it wants a CC which isnt going to happen. Im not putting mine in. My question is if i get an itunes card and put it in can i have that ? or if i end up putting my cc number in and select redeem and enter the card in, that should only use the itunes card right? Can I use that balance from my phone to buy apps?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe that Apple requires a credit card (for identity) to set up the account. I created my account many years ago, and afterwards removed the credit card from my account. (I have since cancelled that card that I used to open the iTunes account.) I have used iTunes gift cards for years without incident.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You'll be able to use that to purchase apps instead of using a cc, but you won't even be able to update a purchased app if there's no balance on that gift card.

daneg

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
You'll be able to use that to purchase apps instead of using a cc, but you won't even be able to update a purchased app if there's no balance on that gift card.

what if there is a cc on the account ? will it just check that but not bill it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73