Speaker Problem

bbstarr

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got my first iPhone last week. Very nice device! This morning, however, I noticed that there was no sound coming from the external speaker. Vibrate was fine, just no audible notifications. Checked the mute button and settings, everything looked ok. I googled the issue and found it to be a known issue. One forum post I read suggested I gently squeeze the lower right corner of the phone, where the speaker is located. It worked! If it happens again I will exchange it.

Have any of you experienced this issue and what your solution is/was.

Thanks for any info you might have.

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had that specific issue but do find the speaker to be far too quiet, even at full volume. The sound quality is good, but the decibels aren't there. My DROID 1 had speaker(s) that cranked.

I have noticed some variability in sound output, but never a lack of sound when I expected it. Squeezing the lower right of the phone has no impact on sound from my phone.

ProEvo

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I hate the sound on the IPhone compared to Droid. I installed custom higher db ringtones and poked a pin sized hole in the speaker screens. I also installed the volume booster from Cydia. Still not to my liking. Maybe I am deaf...hmmm...

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got my first iPhone last week. Very nice device! This morning, however, I noticed that there was no sound coming from the external speaker. Vibrate was fine, just no audible notifications. Checked the mute button and settings, everything looked ok. I googled the issue and found it to be a known issue. One forum post I read suggested I gently squeeze the lower right corner of the phone, where the speaker is located. It worked! If it happens again I will exchange it.

Have any of you experienced this issue and what your solution is/was.

Thanks for any info you might have.

I had this exact issue on my first Iphone which happened about 2 weeks after purchase. I returned it and got a new one (white iphone came out that same day so I was able to get it.). My GF had this happen to hers, 2 days ago, so we set up an appointment at the Apple store. As luck would have it the speaker started working again (did not know about the trick) but Apple said to bring it in anyway. We did that, they checked the software (diagnostics) and cleaned the device head to toe. Everything turned out OK and we were on our way. If it happens again we will return it.

stewm

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I've started having the same issue, but it only happened after the update from 4.2.8 to 4.2.9. Suddenly sound will completely mute out for no reason. Powering off the iphone and starting it back up gets the sound back but a few hours later it loses all the sound again. I also noted that some apps just will freeze up during installation and nothing that I do will fix it until I power off and power back on.

I guess I am going to have to do a wipe and restore and see if it was a bad install, if not then I guess it will be back to the apple store again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro