Just got the iPhone 4

elitemarine

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
And it's a great phone.. I walked out of the store with a solid, great feeling and looking device.
BUT, ever since I got home, I've had nothing but problems.
I'm not trying to bash or complain about the phone, as much as I'm just wanting to get some help because I would absolutely love this phone if it worked right.

Firstly, I got home, plugged it in and said it needed an update. That fine, but while trying to update it says it cannot be backed up. I try to restore and it gets stuck on "getting iPhone ready to be restored" and doesn't go anywhere and just gets the 1013 error code.
I finally get it to restore in DFU mode on another computer.
Second, Trying to sync picture.. I backed up my old phones pictures into a folder on my hard drive and sync it. They sync fine but when I open my gallery on the iPhone, they're all chopped up and half of them do not open right. I thought maybe they need to be cached or something, but after an hour.. still the same.
Next, I would try and put music on it. Just so happens I can only sync 300 songs at a time and then magically disconnected. I have manual sync checked and tried it in airplane mode just so the connection wouldn't be interrupted with the computer. It finally syncs them (or says so) just to find that there are 0 songs on the "ipod"
Finally, after a couple hour I plug it back into my computer to charge for a bit, only to be brought back to square 1 saying "could not read the iphone, it must be restored."
Great.
What's the deal here? Did I just get a defective iPhone or what..?:mad::mad:

Last edited:

elitemarine

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
It seems to work better on the other computer, no freezes. It's running windows xp as opposed to w7. I'm going to try to reformat this windows 7 comp and see if it helps at all.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I too just got the iphone, and it was a little wonky at first with W7.
But i ran a few bug fixes and all is 5 by 5 now.

You are going to love the phone, great device and the quality is unmatched in a mobile device!

AJ

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73