I cracked my back glass

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Well now it has a transparent back on it. Problem is I can't seem to remove this griffin survivor for very long. Paranoid I guess.

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
@jeffw78: I was just wondering, about the transparent back, does it fit your iPhone 4 perfectly? Mine came out a bit and was noticeably larger than the original back.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I am curious to know if someone has used the colored backs that are all over eBay? I kind of want the red one but I want to know how it fits and whether or not a case will fit with it on.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am curious to know if someone has used the colored backs that are all over eBay? I kind of want the red one but I want to know how it fits and whether or not a case will fit with it on.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

We bought my wife a couple of them, the ones we got were not glass (very heavy duty plastic), and while quite durable and fitment was just fine, the logo and wording on the back began to become scratched and it looked very cheap...you could also tell that it was a bit translucent, so that didn't help either. We've since switched it back to the normal black back that comes on it and she's fine with that.

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My transparant back came from ebay and the fit is fine. It's cool, but I'll probably put a factory looking piece back on it soon. Like I stated earlier, my Griffin Survivor stays on the phone most of the time now. I'm not a huge fan of the otter design for the iphone 4, mostly because is does not seal very well.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had a family member who sat on theirs and cracked the back. They took it to Apple and they replaced they back glass for free

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing that apple may replace the back for free. I'm gonna take it up there next week. I've finally started using just a bumper for now.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I keep hearing that apple may replace the back for free. I'm gonna take it up there next week. I've finally started using just a bumper for now.

From what I have read, Apple usually lets customers get by with one free replacement, so you should make out OK.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2