1. Apple Crumble's Avatar
    Hey all,

    Complete iPhone noob here but not new to smart phones or tech, but I am looking to get a new phone soon and the iPhone 4 has caught my eye, however with the 5 potentially arriving later this year, I am thinking is it worth getting the 4 so late in the day?

    If however iOS 5 works beautifully on the iP4 then I may still get the 4 and just update to iOS 5 when its officially released, however, if it'll run like a dog like I seem to remember reading iOS 4 did on the previous iPhones, then I may have to wait til the iP5 is released.

    Part of my reasoning is that I really like the look and style of the iP4, but the 5 could be a real pig to look at, use & not be made as well and I've then wasted 5 months waiting for it!

    Any wisdom or thoughts from the seasoned iPhone users on here would be greatly received, thanks
    07-01-2011 12:12 PM
  2. AStranger's Avatar
    If you can go without it until the iphone 5 is released then I would wait. Worst case scenario is that it is a pig and you want the iphone 4 - but since ver 5 is out then you are in luck because you'll be able to get the iphone 4 for a better price.
    Apple Crumble likes this.
    07-01-2011 01:29 PM
  3. Apple Crumble's Avatar
    Thanks mate,

    I suppose you are right, but you know what its like, having an itch and not being able to scratch it, lol
    07-03-2011 06:39 AM
  4. Fausty82's Avatar
    IMHO, it comes down to "need" vs "want". If you need a phone, get the iPhone 4. iOS5 will be awesome on both devices, but if you need it now, there's no reason not to buy it.

    However, if you can wait, and getting the iPhone is a matter of want, I would wait. If you get the iPhone 5 and decide that it is a pig (which I highly doubt), you can sell it, pocket a few bucks and still pay for an iPhone 4 with cash to spare...
    07-03-2011 10:34 AM