I need some input im currently using an android phone but i am thinking of switching to an iphone 4 im not very up to date on the new iphones but i had the 1st gen one for 2 years and loved it.
    06-29-2011 08:59 PM
    not trying to be a **** but what type of answers were expecting from a forum like this?
    06-29-2011 09:39 PM
    not trying to be a **** but what type of answers were expecting from a forum like this?
    I think I speak for most on the forum and say iPhone
    06-29-2011 10:16 PM
    As a recent convert (albeit mostly from BB) i did have some time on a thunderbolt. And i can't speak for everyone, but i think it to be the soundest decision I've made in a phone choice yet!
    06-29-2011 10:51 PM
    As a person who has a droid, even I would say get the iPhone. You should seriously get it since you loved your first gen iPhone. It would be wiser to wait and get the iPhone 5 though at this point if you can.
    06-30-2011 12:15 AM
    I would say stick with Android, it offers so much more, but relying on anyone else's opinion on what YOU should use is pretty silly. Go to Androidcentral and ask the same question and you will get 99% of the responses telling you to stick with Android, and why you should do it. We all have our own likes and dislikes, and most of my likes I can't satisfy on an iOS phone. My advice, try a newer high end Android and a iPhone, both for a few weeks utilizing the return policy. Whichever one you like best, go with t.
    Ivana likes this.
    06-30-2011 05:45 AM
    I would say stick with Android, it offers so much more, but relying on anyone else's opinion on what YOU should use is pretty silly. Go to Androidcentral and ask the same question and you will get 99% of the responses telling you to stick with Android, and why you should do it. We all have our own likes and dislikes, and most of my likes I can't satisfy on an iOS phone. My advice, try a newer high end Android and a iPhone, both for a few weeks utilizing the return policy. Whichever one you like best, go with t.
    i agree with the pimp, even tho hes a droid
    06-30-2011 06:51 AM
    Windows Phone? xD
    06-30-2011 07:28 AM
    I'd wait for the iPhone 5, if you like what you see, buy it
    06-30-2011 11:29 AM
    Android! Getting a Sammy fascinate soon!
    06-30-2011 01:49 PM
    I need some input im currently using an android phone but i am thinking of switching to an iphone 4 im not very up to date on the new iphones but i had the 1st gen one for 2 years and loved it.
    Heres some input...go play with an iPhone, if it does what you want, buy it...if not, stick with a droid.

Your question is kind of like going to fast food restaurant and going "I've had a hamburger before, but i was thinking about eating something different, do you have any suggestions?"
    07-01-2011 12:30 AM
    I really want to get iPhone 5, but the Apple company didn't announce when it release either.
    07-01-2011 05:09 AM
    I suggest having iPhone over android. android has some segmentation
    07-01-2011 09:05 AM
    This isn't really a dig at Android most people I know who have an Android phone don't know they have one, they just though they were getting 'something a bit like the iPhone, but free' .it's a dig at the tendentious argumentation in the video.iPhone is a cult as much as it is a product. Then along come the Android phones, giving you a lot of reasons to wonder.
    07-02-2011 07:37 AM
    I have an i4 and an HTC Inspire. The HTC is powerful, fun and fast. That being said, the iPhone 4 is the smoothest device offered today, everything works and works extremely well. And jailbreaking opens up and unleashes IMO what the i4 was meant to be. A good android phone is nice, but the i4 is still king, no question.
    07-02-2011 08:00 AM
    android have more apps the iphone
    07-02-2011 08:03 AM
    lol, Fail.
    07-02-2011 10:49 AM
    It all depends on what your after. I have an ip4, ipad2, galaxy tab and a droid incredible. I love to mod and hack, so I have the droid for that. I also like games and thats why I have the iphone4 and ipad2. The iphone/ipad is very smooth and pretty to look at with the retina display(iphone), but there are no custom ROMs or as many free apps out there for ios. Android has homescreen widgets and they are VERY helpful and I really wish ios would do the same and not that drop down widget thing in ios5 though tat is cool too. I went back and forth for a long time between iphone(s) and droids but I finally had to just get both to suite my needs... ok, wants...
    07-02-2011 01:27 PM
    In terms of free apps, maybe. Why Android Has More Free Apps Than the iPhone - Yahoo! News

Not in terms of quality apps that simply work well.
    07-02-2011 01:38 PM
    I really want to get iPhone 5, but the Apple company didn't announce when it release either.
    The iPhone 5 will be out around Sep. I'm sure people can wait two months.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 07-02-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    07-02-2011 01:41 PM
    I have already tried 3 of AT&T's top Android devices, and while they were definitely nice, I still went back to my iPhone 4 each and every time. True, a jailbreak is required to get the most features out of the iPhone 4, but it is definitely worth it, IMHO.
    07-02-2011 01:45 PM
    I have already tried 3 of AT&T's top Android devices, and while they were definitely nice, I still went back to my iPhone 4 each and every time. True, a jailbreak is required to get the most features out of the iPhone 4, but it is definitely worth it, IMHO.
    Thats because verizon has all of the good android phones. The axtrix is the first real android contender that att has been able to offer. The DroidX and DX2, incredible, thunderbolt are all way better than any android phone att has offered on the past. IMHO, the iphone 4 is the first iphone that has been able to compete with android phones as a whole. The iphones of the past lacked multi-tasking, copy and paste, real navigation and so on. Even now, many of the "cool new" features of iOS5 have been with android since day one.

Also, I do agree that most of the free apps for android are rubbish. The over all quality of iphone apps cant be matched by any other phones os but thats not to say that android doesnt offer great apps too.
    07-02-2011 01:56 PM
    Thats because verizon has all of the good android phones. The axtrix is the first real android contender that att has been able to offer. The DroidX and DX2, incredible, thunderbolt are all way better than any android phone att has offered on the past. IMHO, the iphone 4 is the first iphone that has been able to compete with android phones as a whole. The iphones of the past lacked multi-tasking, copy and paste, real navigation and so on. Even now, many of the "cool new" features of iOS5 have been with android since day one.

Also, I do agree that most of the free apps for android are rubbish. The over all quality of iphone apps cant be matched by any other phones os but thats not to say that android doesnt offer great apps too.
    Androids were better on Verizon than AT&T in the past due to AT&T being the only carrier to have the iPhone here in the US. However, AT&T is definitely catching up to Verizon now in terms of the higher quality Android devices that they now offer. The Samsung Infuse 4G that AT&T just released recently is already doing well in terms of the number of sales. Once the Samsung Galaxy S2 is released on all carriers we should start to see the competition between iOS and Android really pick up speed.
    07-02-2011 02:07 PM
    I have both. ThunderBolt and iphone 4. IOS is incredibly smooth, polished, and easy to use. But I also enjoy my Android. This is why, more often than not, I leave the house toting both devices.
    07-02-2011 03:42 PM
    Coming from Android to iPhone has been an adjustment for me. Android, in retrospect, seemed more flexible and customizable out of the box. IPhone and my iPad have been a learning-curve experience. At first, slow and frustrating, knowing how to do something in Android but not in iPhone.

However, there are advantages to both, I'm discovering. The sophistication of the Apple apps vs the Android apps (where I had the same app on each os) is dramatic in favor of iPhone. More features, more sophistication in UI experience. Quality is consistent with the iPhone and iPad.

I would recommend, as others have said above, try each and see what works for you. HOWEVER, there are nearly 200 devices running Android now, maybe more. Not all the newest and greatest are on the most current operating system, which for an Android phone is 3.0 Gingerbread. So, be careful in your choices.
    07-02-2011 07:27 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD