Question: I have been looking for an Aluminum bumper for my Verizon iPhone. I found one that I like but is only sold for the AT&T version of the iPhone. I have been told there is a 3mm difference is size bewteen the two versions. Not sure if that was meant for length or width. Does anyone know this for sure?

Thanks
    06-29-2011 10:36 AM
    The only case-related difference I know of is that the mute button is moved slightly farther from the top of the phone. Might be 3mm, not sure. So if the mute button hole in the ATT case is not large enough, it might not accommodate the VZ button position.

EDIT: here is a picture; it looks like the volume buttons are also moved slightly:

Last edited by Lanulos; 06-29-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    06-29-2011 11:00 AM
    [QUOTE=Lanulos;1735385]The only case-related difference I know of is that the mute button is moved slightly farther from the top of the phone. Might be 3mm, not sure. So if the mute button hole in the ATT case is not large enough, it might not accommodate the VZ button position.

EDIT: here is a picture; it looks like the volume buttons are also moved slightly:

Yea, I knew about the mute button. But this company was saying that the size of the case was different by 3mm. If it just the mute opening I can mill that out to fix that. I just wondered if anyone knew for sure. Thanks
    06-29-2011 11:14 AM
    which bumper did you find? i have the element case vapor pro that i won in the Tipb.com giveaway and i have never used it, if you are interested make an offer and it yours!
    06-29-2011 11:24 AM
    which bumper did you find? i have the element case vapor pro that i won in the Tipb.com giveaway and i have never used it, if you are interested make an offer and it yours!

I'm looking for a case like this. What does your case look like? I might take it off your hands if its close.
    06-29-2011 11:28 AM

I'm looking for a case like this. What does your case look like? I might take it off your hands if its close.
    here is a link to what i have....

Vapor Pro First Edition iPhone Case - SOLD OUT
    06-29-2011 11:30 AM
    here is a link to what i have....

Vapor Pro First Edition iPhone Case - SOLD OUT
    That is a nice looking case. Not really what I'm loking for and I also noticed that the add says it's only for the AT&T GSM version iPhone. Not sure what's up with that.
    06-29-2011 11:35 AM
    That is a nice looking case. Not really what I'm loking for and I also noticed that the add says it's only for the AT&T GSM version iPhone. Not sure what's up with that.
    yeah it does say that...but it does fit though, i have tried...maybe that means the other one you want will fit too? good luck
    06-29-2011 11:43 AM
    yeah it does say that...but it does fit though, i have tried...maybe that means the other one you want will fit too? good luck
    Thanks for your help
    06-29-2011 11:46 AM
    Make sure you are not buying an older model. The one selling on Amazon looks like it would be VZ compatible:

http://www.amazon.com/IPHONE-ALUMINU...mUvbUpU1735422
    jwhite4304#WP and coltsbr like this.
    06-29-2011 12:20 PM
    Make sure you are not buying an older model. The one selling on Amazon looks like it would be VZ compatible:

http://www.amazon.com/IPHONE-ALUMINU...mUvbUpU1735434
    Thanks! That's just what i'm looking for.
    06-29-2011 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD