computer crash

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi, my wife's computer crashed and she had to buy another one. She has not connected her iphone to the new computer yet for fear of it wiping out all the contents of her phone. My question is if she downloads itunes and enters in her login information and then plugs in the phone, what happens? How can she be sure that her photos, settings, conversations, apps, etc. get transferred over?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Connecting to a new computer will wipe everything. You can authorize the new computer for your iTunes purchases, and transfer your apps, but you will lose all pictures, video and non-iTunes purchased music.

There are 3rd party softwares that will allow you to copy from your iPhone to your new computer (both pc and Mac) though - just do a search and I'm sure you'll find them. (Copy-tran and Senuti, IIRC.)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Also, depending on what "crashed" with the old computer, you may be able to salvage the iTunes folder from the old hard drive... if the hard drive was not a casualty, get an external drive case, stick the old hard drive in it and try to pull the whole iTunes folder off to the new computer...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice