ios 4.3.3 - 5 excessive heating during usage

Ladelfm

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Since using ios 4.3.3 up until ios 5 beta 2, ive been experiencing serious heating issues during usage on my iphone 4. For some reason the cpu is being used excessively when i start browsing the internet, facebook, twitter, anything really when the phone isn't sleeping. I've tried the obvious fixes (turning off ping, hard resets, restore as new phone, even turning off all mail and icloud accounts!) and am wondering if anyone has figured out any solution to this problem or if my phone should be replaced? Obviously with extreme usage comes extremely terrible battery life, talking 1% per 2 minutes of usage. Any input would be great.

Ladelfm

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
No, surprisingly I haven't seen it yet, although the phone does get hot to the point where I put it gets uncomfortable to hold. It seems as though when I'm using any sort of data, the phone starts heating up. That includes shutting off cellular data and only using wifi as well.

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing lately on my phone. Before the battery would be at the 50% after work, now by the time I get home from work the battery is between 20% and 10%. Since my iPhone is jailbroken I figured it was because I overclocked the CPU that was causing the battery to pretty much dive off a cliff and the phone to become to hot to hold in my hands.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2