Insurance Question

kaelinlei

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I recently traded my Thunderbolt for an iPhone 4 last month. I had the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 4 on AT&T so I was spoiled by the battery life. I had the highest insurance plan available on the Thunderbolt and when I switched phones, it automatically adjusted to the $10.99 iPhone insurance plan. I called Asurion to ask if it could actually transfer over to me and they said since I have always had an insurance plan on my line that it could switch over and it would be honored. Does anyone know if this really is true?

*I posted this in a different thread but I may get more answers if I post it in a thread of it's own.*

kaelinlei

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much!! It really makes me feel better knowing that my phone is insured. AT&T didn't have insurance for the iPhone... Thank goodness for Verizon!!

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Try calling your local state farm and see if they offer personal articles policy.

I have it and it's $40 a year and 0 deductible. It covers loss, theft, and damage.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I called asurion today and was told no, my insurance from my previous device did not carry over.. What am i doing wrong? They actually gave me Apples Care's number and said to call them and get apple care..

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I called asurion today and was told no, my insurance from my previous device did not carry over.. What am i doing wrong? They actually gave me Apples Care's number and said to call them and get apple care..
There is a yearly limit, maybe you surpassed that? They are probably saying you need to switch to $10.99 .... even if it is $169 or $199 that is still less than if you don't have it and have to shell out $650 or $750 to replace the phone.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the Total Equipment Coverage, and hell ill gladly pay the $10.99. Like you said, small price to pay for such an expensive piece of equipment. But they didn't even mention it as an option. They just shuffled me off to Apple Care.. Which i suppose is nice, but NOT the same as insurance..

Maybe i will call them again tomorrow and see what they say.

Thanks for the input tho.

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Insurance is in business to make money, Paying deductible is part of the business as $10.99 month alone will not cover the cost.
State Farm stopped covering Iphones and Ipad coverages, contact your agent to verify.
Most insurance companies will not convert an existing policy to a new device as there are no comparison between thunderbolt and an Iphone.

entwined82

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually there is a comparison. Thunderbolt sells for $750 off contract. Same price as a 32GB iphone.

It should convert in that case.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So if a persons phone is stolen then it means that they are careless? :rolleyes:

Unless you were mugged, your house was broken into while you slept (which would be a neat trick as i assume like me most people have theirs next to the bed) or something of that nature, then yes, you were pretty much careless.:eek:

And i am sure i will get a 1001 reasons i missed why it's not the persons fault, but in general yep, careless.

Last edited:

MissJennell#IM

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Unless you were mugged, your house was broken into while you slept (which would be a neat trick as i assume like me most people have theirs next to the bed) or something of that nature, then yes, you were pretty much careless.:eek:

And i am sure i will get a 1001 reasons i missed why it's not the persons fault, but in general yep, careless.

Judgemental much?!

I have had 2 phones stolen from me over the last 15 years of having a cell phone. One was out of my car at a softball game I was playing in. My door was locked and it was in my jockey box. I don't see how this is my fault at all. The second time I had one stolen from me was at work. It was locked in my locker. Again, I don't see how that is my fault.

I think you might need to get off your high horse with this subject.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Judgemental much?!

I have had 2 phones stolen from me over the last 15 years of having a cell phone. One was out of my car at a softball game I was playing in. My door was locked and it was in my jockey box. I don't see how this is my fault at all. The second time I had one stolen from me was at work. It was locked in my locker. Again, I don't see how that is my fault.

I think you might need to get off your high horse with this subject.

ME??:eek:

Like i said above, i am sure someone will point out exceptions. Those are certainly 2. As both are comparable to being robbed!

See you actually helped here negative Nancy!

And one thing i am NOT, is judgmental. I leave that for the others.

Reactions: jpg

MissJennell#IM

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
ME??:eek:

Like i said above, i am sure someone will point out exceptions. Those are certainly 2. As both are comparable to being robbed!

See you actually helped here negative Nancy!

And one thing i am NOT, is judgmental. I leave that for the others.

Most times that ones phone is stolen is not their fault. And saying that it is their fault is very judgemental.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods