Insurance Question

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Most times that ones phone is stolen is not their fault. And saying that it is their fault is very judgemental.

You madam are incorrect.

It is a well known fact that most times WE make theft easy by doing things that make it easy for the thieves.. Leaving it on the bar while you go to the head, oh im just running into the store for a moment and leaving it on the seat, leaving it anywhere unattended is just asking for it to be stolen. Because while the individual may be oblivious to their surrounding, i assure the thief is well aware of exactly where your wallet/purse/expensive electronic device is even if you are not.

As you clearly stated YOU did all you could to prevent a theft short of hiring a security guard.. But don't for a minute tell me that everyone who has ever had something stolen from them was as diligent as you!

I saw 3 woman at the grocery store this morning wandering the aisles while leaving their cart at the other end, 2 of them had cell phones hanging on them and 1 had car keys.. So unless someone is doing exactly what you did, or is held up and mugged or robbed while sleeping there is usually something more they could have done to prevent it.. Believe me the world is filled with shoddy crooked people just looking for the opportunity to take what you have.. And sadly we as a society make it entirely to easy for them.

Last edited:

Johnny Alien

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
If you break anything Apple will replace the phone for a $199 fee for the 16gig. If you break the back glass they will replace that in store for $30. They have even been known to do both for free. So beyond theft if you are talking about accidental damage the insurance is a complete rip. You will pay $11 a month and then $150 for a replacement unit that will probably be a refurb. So if you damage it after 10 months you will pay $260 for a replacement unit. Pay out the money for Applecare if you like but the insurance for damage is a sham.

Reactions: AJ_Watson

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
So would anyone buy an Iphone without insurance? I've never had a phone stolen or lost. I've dinged one a little(had no case),but since then I've had cases for them. I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 5 in early 2013. Thanks for anyones thoughts.....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So would anyone buy an Iphone without insurance? I've never had a phone stolen or lost. I've dinged one a little(had no case),but since then I've had cases for them. I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 5 in early 2013. Thanks for anyones thoughts.....

I have never had insurance on any cell phone that I have ever owned. Insurance is about risk, and I have never seen the need. Let someone else make the insurance providers rich...

rustymini

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have never had insurance on any cell phone that I have ever owned. Insurance is about risk, and I have never seen the need. Let someone else make the insurance providers rich...

Thanks for responding HankAZ.:) Right now I have a Droid X2 and carry insurance($5.12),but I see your point. If I get an iPhone it will shoot up to $11.00 no way!:eek:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for responding HankAZ.:) Right now I have a Droid X2 and carry insurance($5.12),but I see your point. If I get an iPhone it will shoot up to $11.00 no way!:eek:

Perhaps the cost will come down soon. I read that AT&T is lowering the cost of coverage for their iPhone to the standard rate (something like $4-5/month) on July 17... perhaps VZW will follow suit soon - the carriers all tend to follow one another in that regard.

But again, not interested in insurance, personally.

Others have reported that for a modest fee you can get a rider on your homeowner's or renter's insurance with no deductible. You might want to check that option out, too.

Johnny Alien

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of how low it is a month it, as long as they have a $150 deductible it is not worth it. Apple will replace or repair for $199. They will replace just the back glass for $29. At those prices you are better off just letting apple take care of it.

kaelinlei

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Does it have to be within the year complimentary coverage to have them honor these prices or do they not have a time limit? When my daughter threw my iPhone 3G, for them to replace the basic front glass, it would have costed me $199. I ended up getting it done at a 3rd party place because it was broken a month away from the iPhone 4 release. I realize the price is high for the insurance/deductible but since I have small children, I feel as if I can never be too careful. I have had to use my phone insurance a few times before with other devices unfortunately.

Regardless of how low it is a month it, as long as they have a $150 deductible it is not worth it. Apple will replace or repair for $199. They will replace just the back glass for $29. At those prices you are better off just letting apple take care of it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Let's get back on topic. This isn't a thread about how phones are stolen or who's at fault.

Thank you.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Very true Alli,

I apologize for getting off topic, got a little sidtracked.

And sorry to the rest of the readers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using The Jedi mind trick.

Johnny Alien

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Does it have to be within the year complimentary coverage to have them honor these prices or do they not have a time limit? When my daughter threw my iPhone 3G, for them to replace the basic front glass, it would have costed me $199. I ended up getting it done at a 3rd party place because it was broken a month away from the iPhone 4 release. I realize the price is high for the insurance/deductible but since I have small children, I feel as if I can never be too careful. I have had to use my phone insurance a few times before with other devices unfortunately.

The $30 is for the back glass on the iphone 4. To get the front done is $199 as was quoted to you. But since the deductible on the insurance is $150 it makes little sense to get it for the $50 difference. You will pay that out 3 times over in monthly payments.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods