So would anyone buy an Iphone without insurance? I've never had a phone stolen or lost. I've dinged one a little(had no case),but since then I've had cases for them. I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 5 in early 2013. Thanks for anyones thoughts.....
    I have never had insurance on any cell phone that I have ever owned. Insurance is about risk, and I have never seen the need. Let someone else make the insurance providers rich...
    07-07-2011 12:05 AM
    I have never had insurance on any cell phone that I have ever owned. Insurance is about risk, and I have never seen the need. Let someone else make the insurance providers rich...
    Thanks for responding HankAZ. Right now I have a Droid X2 and carry insurance($5.12),but I see your point. If I get an iPhone it will shoot up to $11.00 no way!
    07-07-2011 08:21 AM
    Thanks for responding HankAZ. Right now I have a Droid X2 and carry insurance($5.12),but I see your point. If I get an iPhone it will shoot up to $11.00 no way!
    Perhaps the cost will come down soon. I read that AT&T is lowering the cost of coverage for their iPhone to the standard rate (something like $4-5/month) on July 17... perhaps VZW will follow suit soon - the carriers all tend to follow one another in that regard.

But again, not interested in insurance, personally.

Others have reported that for a modest fee you can get a rider on your homeowner's or renter's insurance with no deductible. You might want to check that option out, too.
    07-07-2011 10:12 AM
    Regardless of how low it is a month it, as long as they have a $150 deductible it is not worth it. Apple will replace or repair for $199. They will replace just the back glass for $29. At those prices you are better off just letting apple take care of it.
    07-07-2011 08:18 PM
    Does it have to be within the year complimentary coverage to have them honor these prices or do they not have a time limit? When my daughter threw my iPhone 3G, for them to replace the basic front glass, it would have costed me $199. I ended up getting it done at a 3rd party place because it was broken a month away from the iPhone 4 release. I realize the price is high for the insurance/deductible but since I have small children, I feel as if I can never be too careful. I have had to use my phone insurance a few times before with other devices unfortunately.

Regardless of how low it is a month it, as long as they have a $150 deductible it is not worth it. Apple will replace or repair for $199. They will replace just the back glass for $29. At those prices you are better off just letting apple take care of it.
    07-10-2011 11:54 AM
    Let's get back on topic. This isn't a thread about how phones are stolen or who's at fault.

Thank you.
    07-11-2011 02:10 PM
    Very true Alli,

I apologize for getting off topic, got a little sidtracked.

And sorry to the rest of the readers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using The Jedi mind trick.
    07-11-2011 03:17 PM
    Does it have to be within the year complimentary coverage to have them honor these prices or do they not have a time limit? When my daughter threw my iPhone 3G, for them to replace the basic front glass, it would have costed me $199. I ended up getting it done at a 3rd party place because it was broken a month away from the iPhone 4 release. I realize the price is high for the insurance/deductible but since I have small children, I feel as if I can never be too careful. I have had to use my phone insurance a few times before with other devices unfortunately.
    The $30 is for the back glass on the iphone 4. To get the front done is $199 as was quoted to you. But since the deductible on the insurance is $150 it makes little sense to get it for the $50 difference. You will pay that out 3 times over in monthly payments.
    07-11-2011 07:22 PM
    Unless you lose or have your phone stolen Apple Care is more bang for the buck than Asurion.
    07-11-2011 08:36 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD